Lt. Commander
# 1 C-Point expenditure issues
01-24-2012, 02:05 AM
After quite some time i have returned to STO to once again take my place on ship and kick various alien buttocks with a multitude of energy beams.

But im into RPing my characters a little and as such decided to speed some cash on a few uniform mods namely the Alternate universe and the alternate future uniforms so i could mock together an "Future Terrain starfleet uniform"

but known glitches in the purchase history and crossover of certain skin packs has caused not only some frustrating glitches but is all bot forcing me to purchase yet another pack or it automatically removes the purchased packs or glitches skins.

this has been reported in game but since that report i started a new character and noticed the following:

* New characters CANNOT access all uniform items on creation
* those uniforms unlocked are not complete or are slightly glitched
* inability to purchase the new combo (ship/uniform) packs due to prior purchase

so on that note be careful what packs you buy as they can due to the new uniform and ship combo packs can counter and potential glitch individual purchases in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-24-2012, 04:15 AM
Pathetic isn't it. 2 years the game has been around, I struggle to believe it sometimes right now.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-24-2012, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries2507 View Post
After quite some time i have returned to STO to once again take my place on ship and kick various alien buttocks with a multitude of energy beams.

But im into RPing my characters a little and as such decided to speed some cash on a few uniform mods namely the Alternate universe and the alternate future uniforms so i could mock together an "Future Terrain starfleet uniform"

but known glitches in the purchase history and crossover of certain skin packs has caused not only some frustrating glitches but is all bot forcing me to purchase yet another pack or it automatically removes the purchased packs or glitches skins.

this has been reported in game but since that report i started a new character and noticed the following:

* New characters CANNOT access all uniform items on creation
* those uniforms unlocked are not complete or are slightly glitched
* inability to purchase the new combo (ship/uniform) packs due to prior purchase

so on that note be careful what packs you buy as they can due to the new uniform and ship combo packs can counter and potential glitch individual purchases in the future.

> * New characters CANNOT access all uniform items on creation

not exactly a glitch, just something they didn't bother with.
you can go to the tailor on ESD after the tutorial just fine and use everything you purchased from the C-Store, and the first change seeing the Tailor is FREE, no Energy Credits required.

Same goes for Veteran Unlocks, those work by Accolades and the Accolades only pop up AFTER character creation.

> * those uniforms unlocked are not complete or are slightly glitched

never heard of this, can you explain in more detail what exactly happens to you?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-24-2012, 05:25 AM
Quote:
What pack specifically is causing issues?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-24-2012, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi Maru
What pack specifically is causing issues?
at this time it appears that the "mirror universe uniforms" and the new "enterprise bundle" are cross bugging and alternating between buy both or the interface refuses to acknowledge the purchase at all

i mean all i want s the badge (the dagger through earth) and the weapon belt in order to pull it all together.

*Warning here be RP*

i know its a little thing but i already own the NX-01 and the mirror universe uniforms for a bit of RP value in that my Main was initially a refugee from that era's alternate reality who hijacked (with a small crew)a NX series ship and pushed it through the Tholian temporal warp (as seen in through the mirror darkly and TOS) reversing the path once travelled by the Defiant.

Upon entering the "future" the crew attempted to contact Starfleet only to find themselves seen as spy's and there NX class ship captured. Bound now in a hostile world (Timeframe is around Wrath of Khan period) decide to escape and follow Admiral Kirik's example secureing a Constitution class ship from the mothball fleet and promptly go on the run.

Coming to the conclusion that there new ship could be a match for the Empress's flagship (the U.S.S. Defiant) they head back to Tholian space in order to once again use the temporal nexus.
The Tholians had other plans. Waiting for the interlopers to return the Tholians made alterations to the nexus so that instead of transitioning the ship back to there own timeframe and universe it simply shunted them into the far future (STO era) and right into the waiting arms of Starfleet.

After debriefing and coming to the conclusion that the rebels are of no threat to security the crew are offered accommodation while under observation from Temporal investigation.
The Mirror universe incursion changes this for the better, the Rebels insight into the mindset and combative nature lead to a fastrack through Starfleet's engineering and tactical program in order to bring them up to speed with modern era tech and send them to investigate and potentially negotiate with the mirror universe Starfleet.

...sadly as with all things even the best laid plans can come to nought as on route the ship along with the freshly promoted former rebel officer is diverted in order to combat the Borg, things do not go well as the crew is all but wiped out leaving the young Ensign as the only ranking officer alive and able to take command against the Borg.

*RP ends here*

well that's my excuse for the expenditure anyway and the reason im frustrated that i cant continue his infiltration of the mirror universe (at least from an RP point of view) without it
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-24-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
at this time it appears that the "mirror universe uniforms" and the new "enterprise bundle" are cross bugging and alternating between buy both or the interface refuses to acknowledge the purchase at all

i mean all i want s the badge (the dagger through earth) and the weapon belt in order to pull it all together.

*Warning here be RP*
... Deleted story for brevity ...
*RP ends here*

well that's my excuse for the expenditure anyway and the reason im frustrated that i cant continue his infiltration of the mirror universe (at least from an RP point of view) without it
Well, that was quite the epic background there. Clearly you thought this through.

You are going to hate me for this, but I'm still confused. Can't you buy the mirror universe separately via C-store? Or are you saying you own it but it's not letting you wear it? I just checked the website and I am able to purchase it on one of my alts (odd since I already own it and he is wearing it, hmmm).

Coming back to your original point, why would you want to buy the bundle if you already own half of the items? Won't is cost you more?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-25-2012, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi Maru
Well, that was quite the epic background there. Clearly you thought this through.

You are going to hate me for this, but I'm still confused. Can't you buy the mirror universe separately via C-store? Or are you saying you own it but it's not letting you wear it? I just checked the website and I am able to purchase it on one of my alts (odd since I already own it and he is wearing it, hmmm).

Coming back to your original point, why would you want to buy the bundle if you already own half of the items? Won't is cost you more?
every time and i do mean every darn time i try to use it (at least when i can even see it) even at the tailor im prompted to buy the other pack from the c-store and it will not allow me to complete the 1000+ point buy due to the fact that i apparently already own it...

....or worse simply does not show up in my inventory