Lt. Commander
# 21
02-17-2012, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
On a related note: Mind checking my account status, as I am not able to send private messages? Says that I'm on a "Newly created account", despite previously having purchased the game at launch, payed for almost 2 years, and spent hundreds of dollars on C-Store purchases.

Note: I'm Silver now (Free player).
I actually don't have the tools to do that, sorry. Please submit a ticket so the CS team can take a look at it for you.

support.crypticstudios.com
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-17-2012, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
I actually don't have the tools to do that, sorry. Please submit a ticket so the CS team can take a look at it for you.

support.crypticstudios.com
Already done. And the response I got was to look over my "Privacy settings" ingame. I'm completely visible and public ingame, so it's certainly not something I can fix personally. Submitted the ticket a week or so ago, and I -still- can't send private messages.

Would you be able to refer this issue to "the powers that be", to have them look it over?
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
Already done. And the response I got was to look over my "Privacy settings" ingame. I'm completely visible and public ingame, so it's certainly not something I can fix personally. Submitted the ticket a week or so ago, and I -still- can't send private messages.

Would you be able to refer this issue to "the powers that be", to have them look it over?
Have you tried toggling all your privacy settings, logging out, and then logging in and toggling them again? Sometimes something goes weird with them. (An issue we're already trying to track down.)
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-18-2012, 01:22 AM
You guys might wanna look into fixing something on your end...

Without doing any additional changes (per your suggestion, Zero), I was able to successfully communicate with Gold players via private messaging. It appears, that when the game says...

"You can not send messages on a newly created account."

it should really say...

"You can not send messages TO a newly created account."

A minor text difference, but with a vastly different meaning.