Lt. Commander
# 1 Elite STF issues
01-08-2012, 03:33 PM
I have a few issues with elite STFs. Over the weekend I've done a lot of both ground & space, mainly ground to get the XII set for the costume. Sadly most failed to get the optoinal, but the thing that irritated me the most was that most people doing the elite don't carry heals. There was one guy on the team during a KA ground one that kept dieing, getting more injuries, & refused to heal himself saying that it doesn't effect him even though he was dieing about ever 3 mins. And he wasn't the first I've seen just not caring that their increasing injuries were putting a strain on the rest of the team.

So I have a suggestion that might be useful. Make it a requirment that to do an elite STF, you must have heals for your ship & yourself. Then when you get rezzed or respawn, you have to use a heal to keep going. Even on the worst STF I was on, I never used more than 5 or so minor / major heals so a stack of 20 would last someone roughly 3 or 4 STFs (depending ont he team). I don't think thats asking to much. It's better for the team as a whole since they won't have to pick up the person's slack.

What does everyone else think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Exactly what ive been saying.
People without any supplies have no buisness joining an Elite STF.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-08-2012, 06:35 PM
I think if it bothers you so much (not saying it doesn't bother me) then you should get a group and create a private STF instance. Complaining about it doesn't make it any better. There is more than one solution, and unless you've tried all of them then you can't complain.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Stf
01-08-2012, 06:52 PM
This kind of bitterness is exactly why I do not take part in STFs. You are bound to get inexperienced players who play the game a little differently than you do. If you intend for the STF to go a particular way with a particular tactic (ie, your way, with your tactic because you've decided to take lead,) then COMMUNICATE with your team members prior to going in guns blazing.

Tell the other players what you think and how you intend to beat the mission - talk, debate, plan - you have a chat box and voice chat, so use it. You will find that 99% of players will probably play along.

STFs have become all about getting the loot instead of playing the game and relishing in the experience of co-operative play. The STFs I have taken part in have been full of loud-mouthed, impatient plonkers who think it's ok to type torrents of verbal abuse at me or other team members just because I died one too many times. Nobody offers any support, nobody cheers anybody on and there is unbelievable pressure not to screw up for fear of abuse.

You don't get this on Champions Online - the community there is very pleasant. Why is it like this on STO?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojo86 View Post
This kind of bitterness is exactly why I do not take part in STFs. You are bound to get inexperienced players who play the game a little differently than you do. If you intend for the STF to go a particular way with a particular tactic (ie, your way, with your tactic because you've decided to take lead,) then COMMUNICATE with your team members prior to going in guns blazing.

Tell the other players what you think and how you intend to beat the mission - talk, debate, plan - you have a chat box and voice chat, so use it. You will find that 99% of players will probably play along.

STFs have become all about getting the loot instead of playing the game and relishing in the experience of co-operative play. The STFs I have taken part in have been full of loud-mouthed, impatient plonkers who think it's ok to type torrents of verbal abuse at me or other team members just because I died one too many times. Nobody offers any support, nobody cheers anybody on and there is unbelievable pressure not to screw up for fear of abuse.

You don't get this on Champions Online - the community there is very pleasant. Why is it like this on STO?
Prolly should stick with Champions then......all other MMo's are like STo in many regards.

Elite STF's are for elite players and those who feel they are ready to step up to the bat and learn.

Elite mode is all about the loot darn skippy and QFT.

Not sure why they even implemented the PUG for elites mode...would not have an issue seeing it removed and used just for easy mode. Just do private instances and make those a little less restrictive...i.e. if someone drops allow them to invite another.

I play daily for up to 2 hours and see this very often......a minority ruin it for the majority,
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-08-2012, 09:47 PM
thing I noticed is I did get 12 shields but do to optional

it is way too tough need more time added on ground ones
space forget about at this point untill 11 set

best thing I can tell you is Grind grind grind

out the mark 11 set only 240 chips
need accolades and 11 gear of set to get 12 drop that is a given don't even think about 12 until you have 11 set

I have maco ground I have maco mark 12 shields and 11 deflector closing in on 11 engine in time for cure event which newbs stay out of

I think you get drops when you get the medals I am through 2 of them and wraping up medal of honor

back the point Gozer CAN you tweak the time to atleast the ground ones it is mission impossible to get
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-08-2012, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean2448
thing I noticed is I did get 12 shields but do to optional

it is way too tough need more time added on ground ones
space forget about at this point untill 11 set

best thing I can tell you is Grind grind grind

out the mark 11 set only 240 chips
need accolades and 11 gear of set to get 12 drop that is a given don't even think about 12 until you have 11 set

I have maco ground I have maco mark 12 shields and 11 deflector closing in on 11 engine in time for cure event which newbs stay out of

I think you get drops when you get the medals I am through 2 of them and wraping up medal of honor

back the point Gozer CAN you tweak the time to atleast the ground ones it is mission impossible to get
I am skeptical of this. My assumption is that drops are random (or pseudo-random if you want to be pedantic). However, if there is something you can do (like earn an accolade or complete a set) which increases the probability of getting a drop on elite, I would like to know.

I do feel that you should probably at least consider completing the XI ground set before attempting elite missions just because they are very difficult and you are a much greater asset with one of the ground sets. The integral frequency modulator makes a big difference.