Lt. Commander
# 11
01-09-2012, 05:44 PM
But then, if you don't commission it, it will just be sitting there. So, if you don't want it, you'll get nothing out of that vet perk. So, if you don't want it, don't need it, and don't use it, why not get quite a bit of energy credits out of it?
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-09-2012, 06:48 PM
It might seem like a complex issue to you but Vet Rewards are bonuses for the people who earned them via game loyalty. They're not for people who just happen to have a lot of Energy Credits. ECs are incredibly easy to get in this game. I personally have over 150 million EC, and that's after donating 50 million EC to my Fleet and giving away millions more to new players on ESD - and other players I know from the forum.

It's a great ground BOFF. Use it and enjoy it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-09-2012, 06:58 PM
I get it, I get it. I just thought it would be a good idea to make it tradeable.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-17-2012, 12:18 AM
I'm all for keeping the android a vet reward only. I'm about to get mine soon. Just a few days. Makes it more special I think, can anyone take the time to tell me what exactly the android has for traits, ground and space powers? Or link me to where I CAN see this information?
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-18-2012, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStreutker View Post
I believe Soong-types were not released to the game so the android can't be made to look exact (I've noticed you can't get the skin quite white enough and I don't think the yellow eyes look right) The only thing that say "android" are the facial attachments which are actually detachments. You leave gaping holes in the droids face to show inner-mechanics. Other than that it's a male alien with all the options associated.
If you want to get the skin that white, go for a blue white shade. Skin has a default pinkish hue and a light blue filters it down to a white/yellow tone.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-18-2012, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salvo85 View Post
I'm all for keeping the android a vet reward only. I'm about to get mine soon. Just a few days. Makes it more special I think, can anyone take the time to tell me what exactly the android has for traits, ground and space powers? Or link me to where I CAN see this information?
Android
Passive
+10% Physical Damage
+20 All Damage resistance
+200 Radiation Damage resistance
+200 Toxic Damage resistance
+200 Psionic Damage resistance
20% Healing Resistance
+200 Confuse resistance
Immunity to Placate

Reboot II
Passive
Revive self to 50% HP once every 10 minutes

Superior Acute Senses
+15 Perception
+15% Exploit Damage

Superior Creativity
+7.5% All Damage
+7.5% Hit Points healed

So nearly invincible against exotic damage. Tough against other damage. 20% reduction in received healing but can be healed with an engineer's Quick Fix. Capable of self-rezzing in combat once every 10 minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-18-2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salvo85 View Post
And here's the STOWiki page on the creature...

http://www.stowiki.org/Starfleet_And...icer_Candidate
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-18-2012, 10:30 AM
After looking at the stats, I can say that I'd pay serious C-points if they gave us a Player-character android version -- and I tend not to invest in C-points. The reboot ability alone would be totally worth it.

I'm considerably shy of 700 days (somewhere around 560-ish) so I won't see this guy in my crew anytime soon.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimitarJ View Post
I understand that the Android is a vet reward, but my question is: Could it eventually go to the c-store or trade-able?
When you consider that Cryptic would make more $$$ in subscrptions/lifetime subs for people willing to qualify for it, then for selling it for C-Points, what would you think???
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-18-2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
When you consider that Cryptic would make more $$$ in subscrptions/lifetime subs for people willing to qualify for it, then for selling it for C-Points, what would you think???
I would think "Gift Box."

In general, that might make sense all around.

Make all gift box items high tier vet rewards. Make all vet rewards gift box items.

Time and money guarantee those prestige items. Or you can gamble for them.

Works for me. Curious what people would think if they just made the 1000 day vet reward the bug ship.