Lt. Commander
# 1 I really do love this game!
01-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Just got onto STO again, and, I have to say, I love this game. The community is awesome, the game is awesome, everything is awesome, and I am really glad to be back! I have been waiting for F2P for a while, and, buy, am I glad it's coming!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-08-2012, 06:55 PM
Awesome, glad to have you back! I cant wait to see where the game goes when resources are freed up post-relaunch.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-08-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm with you.
I'm addicted to STO PVP.
It's like Cyber Crack.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-08-2012, 07:00 PM
It's good to see that there are a few people around who do more than complain. I, too, am happy with the game. Yeah, more content would be great, but I am currently happy with the game as it is.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Welcome back.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimitarJ View Post
Just got onto STO again, and, I have to say, I love this game. The community is awesome, the game is awesome, everything is awesome, and I am really glad to be back! I have been waiting for F2P for a while, and, buy, am I glad it's coming!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Hunter 9
Awesome, glad to have you back! I cant wait to see where the game goes when resources are freed up post-relaunch.
Welcome back, both of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviKerensky View Post
It's good to see that there are a few people around who do more than complain. I, too, am happy with the game. Yeah, more content would be great, but I am currently happy with the game as it is.
What do you spend your time doing in STO these days? (It's an honest question. What is it that "keeps" you happy?)
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post
What do you spend your time doing in STO these days? (It's an honest question. What is it that "keeps" you happy?)
I spend my time doing STFs (for the most part), as well as occasionally going around and doing other daily missions and such. I have been running the Space STFs on normal for about three weeks (Constantly), and I'm not tired of them yet. When I do tire of them, I will probably do the ground STFs for a while. And eventually, when I get the proper gear setup, I am going to try the Elite STFs (Tried it once already, got my *** handed to me. So rather than keep trying, and screwing others in the process, I'll wait until I get better gear).

And I do on occasion go through the mission string again. A couple of them get old, but after a month or two, they get fun again.

I play with friends, and I work on getting better gear for my character(s).

The other thing is, no matter how much some people may think this game sucks, it's a hundred times better than any other Trek game in the last 5 years.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AviKerensky View Post
The other thing is, no matter how much some people may think this game sucks, it's a hundred times better than any other Trek game in the last 5 years.
I'd have a hard time doing all the grinding you've been doing. I did it for about a week, but that was all I could really take. I appreciate your position though, as I think it's considerate. I went into an "elite STF" unprepared, and I have not gone back since. I wouldn't want to ruin anyone else's fun either. And I've stuck to the "normal space" ones as I went on one ground mission without realizing I needed a remodulator, lol...

And I agree, there are many praise-worthy things to say about STO. I just think it has a great deal more potential and I wish it would reach some of that potential a little faster. And recent news is discouraging on that front. So even though I complain at times (hopefully in a constructive manner, as I certainly do try), there are still plenty of good things to say too.

I asked because I wanted to see if there's anything I'm missing out on. There has to be something that keeps many lifers here. I've just started working on a new character and even after two years those early missions still feel surprisingly familiar to me. But I've got a long ways to go before he reaches VA.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post

I asked because I wanted to see if there's anything I'm missing out on. There has to be something that keeps many lifers here. I've just started working on a new character and even after two years those early missions still feel surprisingly familiar to me. But I've got a long ways to go before he reaches VA.
Have you tried PVP? It's not for everyone, but it's addictive when you start to get the hang of it!
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
Have you tried PVP? It's not for everyone, but it's addictive when you start to get the hang of it!
Honestly, not really. I played against a fleetmate once. Based on all the negative feedback in the forums on PvP, I guess I just assumed it was not a feature worth checking out. I always liked "free for all" in COD: Black Ops; if it's anything like that, I'd probably enjoy it. But I'd hate to accidentally use a console or skill that people think is bad etiquette in PvP.