Lt. Commander
I just got this game, thought I'd give it a shot. Managed to play it for a few days just fine, and it's great. Until a few days ago, when I started getting "Server not responding" with a second timer, just after I get into the game. I then get a "Disconnected from Server" message and am booted back to the login screen.

I tried switching proxies, no luck. Any help?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-06-2012, 06:45 PM
somewhere in the depths of this part of the Forum there are some suggestions which seem like none of them are working at all, I've used them all and still get the "Server Not Responding" message. Normally when it hits around 25sec to 60secs it always disconnects. The only answers you'll ever get from Cryptic is it's on your end, I play two other MMOs as well DCUO and SWTOR and I don't get this issue really ever. It only seems to be on Cryptic games.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-06-2012, 08:14 PM
I play WoW, ***, DCUO and a whole bunch of console games without issues. For some reason I've been having this server not responding issue as well.

I re-subbed late last month, submitted a ticket about this on the second and have received one canned response requesting more info on my setup. I'm thoroughly disappointed in the state of the product and customer service, even if the game itself is fun. I' won't be renewing my sub.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-07-2012, 10:15 AM
It all of a sudden started working again last night for ...pretty much no reason! So I played until 2am :p
Lt. Commander
It was impossible to connect at all this morning. It's getting early afternoon and nothing works. I can login to City of Heroes no problem but not with STOL.

I came back to see what were the enhancements but I'm totally disappointed with the reliability of these servers, it's awful. I don't think I'll come back.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-08-2012, 03:44 AM
I can play world of tank, Eve, Lotro without any problem. In fact, I've been playing STO 2 years ago without any problem at all...this server disconnecting issue is just unbearable, especially on team missions. As much as I would like to start buying some C-creds for duty officers, I don't see it happening unless the server issue or whatever they want to call it gets fixed. If I hear them telling me it's problem from my end, guess that's one less game to consider among the sea of F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 7 what a laugh !!
01-08-2012, 12:50 PM
I was playing this game in beta and two months after launch.
i received an email from cryptic to try their ftp version now.
and guess what…the same old beta bug: “Server not responding….”.
we had this in beta a lot..and ofcourse after launch.
people were raging on cryptic about that..and at the time they said it will be resolves SOON.
now some years after launch, and nothing has changed..i still can not play their game !!
what a laugh !!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus69
I was playing this game in beta and two months after launch.
i received an email from cryptic to try their ftp version now.
and guess what…the same old beta bug: “Server not responding….”.
we had this in beta a lot..and ofcourse after launch.
people were raging on cryptic about that..and at the time they said it will be resolves SOON.
now some years after launch, and nothing has changed..i still can not play their game !!
what a laugh !!
I'm in exactly the same situation. Thankfully it's now free to play or I would be wasting my subscription time trying to connect to a server.
Lt. Commander
# 9 second chance
01-09-2012, 12:02 PM
second day, second chance.
sorry to say , but half of my game time spent on waiting for a server response.
Mr d’angelo…I saw you on some tv shows, and you seem to be a serious guy…engineer in heart.
but this bug is unacceptable , and is going to get your fellow colleagues out of job.
just to remind you…this bug was even present on your beta testing. and 2 years later…nothing changed.
WAKE UP !!!