Lt. Commander
With the Doff system released, is it right to expect the Department Head / First Officer system to be developed next?

This (along with the Doff system) is one of the features I've been looking forward to playing with since launch. I think it will further the feeling of being in command of a starship, and that just sounds awesome. I'm also looking forward the increased interaction with my boffs, 'cause I love my crew.

I kinda hope it somehow involves our ship interiors..like being able to meet with my DepHeads in my ready room or have a senior officers meeting. If the devs would sneak in being able to set our boffs to particular bridge stations, well that'd be even more awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-08-2012, 09:54 PM
What I'd like them to do is finish off and bug fix the current DOFF system before moving onto the next great shiney they discussed...
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen666 View Post
What I'd like them to do is finish off and bug fix the current DOFF system before moving onto the next great shiney they discussed...
I agree, but not all the devs are going to be working on bugfixes...so yeah! How's about that new system.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Aye, the current Department 'system' is nothing more than some hand holding logic. Hopefully we'll see an expansion of the system where department heads give bonuses their respective DOFF missions. Primarily though I'd like to see better integration between the DOFF system and the rest of the game, like:
1) Proper missions which give other types of commendation xp
2) Missions which have an impact on DOFF assignments and vice versa (espionage for example)
3) Crafting via DOFFs, I have a crew of 1,000 on my ship... Why am I crafting things or myself again?
4) Department head missions, a DOFF assignment so critical your Department head gets involved (and thus unavailble for away missions)
5) More character to your DOFFs and BOFFs.
6) Trainable DOFFs

The list goes on...