Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
i barely got 15 particles, couldnt get any more when there is too many gatherers covering from corner to corner.
it was easier when most were sleeping, but prime time event are full.
if no one is around, and it was easy to get 60 particles for more extra dilithiums.
my best run so far was 45 and had to turn in before hour timer ended.

at least, i am learning.

wish it could "open" duplicate zone for other players wished to try gather more in less crowded event.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-23-2011, 01:17 AM
updated, it is doable if you are ready when event will soon start, i managed to get 60 particles and some extras, those blue can spawn quick if you know best spots.
LOL, it getting crazy "cutthroat".

i even got "griefed" by someone pulling klingon to me and killing me just to get me out of spot as i was just "collecting", that was grief-kill stealing by taking my spot. i think someone in very high rank and pulled very deadly klingon that i couldnt fight, it took me out just 1 shot.
this is not PvP event? but it seem pretty much considered as griefing and ganking.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-27-2011, 08:31 AM
The one and only time I did it, people seemed to stake out their little territory of three or four spawn locations, and everyone respected each other (as far as I could tell). Sounds like folks are getting greedy, and I think the idea of instances for this is a good one.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-27-2011, 11:42 PM
yes, i just found out, so i click on zone bar name, and select which mirror zone with least players.

so far, one of 'very polite" zone did help with killing the hologram near you to avoid possible breaking the "scans", so i return favors to assist when i can.

avoid prime time rush, so i do very late or very early timed events when others are sleeping or at work in mornings.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-31-2011, 01:44 PM
I can relate... it did provide for some uncomfortable competition when I was doing it...

On the other hand... the one thing this Massive" game is missing way too often is "Masses"... Though it's a bit crowded, yes, I like seeing some bloody crowds that aren't all npcs...

Frustrating or not, it's easy to be alone in this game...and even as a loner, I find it too much at times...
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-01-2012, 12:08 AM
ok, i just updated.

i noticed few "griefers" hurting other players by setting turrets or scanned and leave klingons with no one to fight and start targeting nearest player scanning, or leave several "Uncollected" particle orbs lying around.

devs need to find a way to stop the griefers.

last few days ago, i used to get 105 particles, but now, i can only get atleast 30 particles or less if turn in for 15 and sell leftovers as energy credits.

been getting bad streak of "Keep Scearching" as particles collapsed, been getting more than 25 times after scanned for nothing, it no fun.

8k of refined per day? it get bottled-neck too often, i could agree if raising up to 10k or 12k to ease the refining per day. it hard to keep up with fast leveling ranks from ensign to admiral and it need alot for upgrades and craftings.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-05-2012, 12:29 PM
I always stop at 30. I also always end up leapfrogging around a set chain of them. Even if others are there, it doesn't bother me. They respawn in what 40 seconds or something. I do what I can to help kill other's Klingons and never try to race someone to a point. If I see someone running to it, I'll go to the next one and the next and the next... Less heartburn that way.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-05-2012, 02:38 PM
When I pop in to SFA to pick up doff missions and to visit the doff store, I'm always prepared to be helpful and off a few HoloKlinks during my stay, assuming the event is on while I'm there. But I don't do the event any more; too much jackassery going on in there.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark_Kent View Post
But I don't do the event any more; too much jackassery going on in there.
LOL Funny cause it's true :p
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-07-2012, 11:27 AM
i caught one player run off as soon he see "hologram" hostile, then i was faced with 3 klingon alone that not mine, hate those griefers, making me work hard to kill and they run around 'collected' at others' expenses.

it need different coding, make it follow whoever scanned who was trying to run away.
stop "shealth-mode" and dumping on other player exploits.

or scrap blue orb scan event or relocate event to "Solo" timed event zones.
also need to avoid VA hologram killing off low level players, they cant survive 1 shotted.

another thing, i am getting tired of making multiple hits (15-20 hits on VA holos), it no fun when you are rushed when others are stealing the scanning. these holo should have low health matching at cadets, not scaled to VA. (4-5 hits seem enough).