Lt. Commander
once the game goes f2p, how do I go about playing klingons for federation, do I buy the race via browser, then log into the game to create the char, or do I already need a char to buy the federation klingon
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-08-2012, 09:57 PM
youll have to purchase it to unlock it in the char creation tool
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-08-2012, 10:04 PM
But I wont need to have a character already made before hand though, correct?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleos_Rix View Post
But I wont need to have a character already made before hand though, correct?
Good question. I assume your asking that since your going to be a brand new player and havent actually created any char yet if you can still make and account wide c-store purchase like the federation klingon char so you can start off with that char.

Truth is im not totally sure. i know that if i go to make a c-store purchase on the website it lets me move from char to char to make the purchase. but i have never actually had that problem appear since i had my chars before the cstore showed up.

Worst case scenario you make a char log out go make the purchase the delete and restart with your new klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-08-2012, 10:17 PM
How many character slots will non subscribers have when the game goes free to play? Atleast 2?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Silver (the free account) will have 2. 1 federation and 1 klingon i believe. howver you can also purchase additional slots as needed. there for you can purchase the klingon federation char if you want and also 2 more captian slots if you need to.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-08-2012, 11:19 PM
Cant I just create a character, buy the Klingon Fed race, then delete the character and then make the federation Klingon?

How much are the extra character slots?

EDIT:

Oops, didnt know you already mentioned the delete bit.

If I delete the char made to unlock the fed klingon, wont I lose the ability to make the fed klingon? Or is that not bound to a character after unlocked?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-09-2012, 02:39 AM
No. Once you buy something that is account wide unlock it is always available to you.

A few things are char specific like the caitian bridge office. And that is purchased on a character basis and when you buy it you only get the one. If you dismiss it, lose it, trade it. ... what ever then you have to buy it again if you want it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-09-2012, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
youll have to purchase it to unlock it in the char creation tool
Whatever happened to the "not going to charge for races" anyway?
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
Whatever happened to the "not going to charge for races" anyway?
That is a diffrent discussion