Lt. Commander
After having played a slew of single player games, I decided to return to STO shortly after I heard that it became F2P. During the early days, it was incredibly easy to team up with random people to do missions even in early levels, but that seems to be impossible to accomplish today. It feels like the social aspect of this game is lacking quite a bit.

I'm currently an Lt. Commander and I'm, as odd as it may sound, looking for partners to do missions, PVP or exploration with. If you have tips on how to pick up people or feel like joining me right now, feel free to post.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-09-2012, 10:59 AM
The easiest way to find people to play with is to join a good Fleet. Head down to the Fleet section of the forum and read what some of the Fleets have to offer. The good Fleets have members to do missions, runs STFs with, and even plan Fleet events.

I think most of us play solo because STO is just very easy - even on Elite. Except for the STF, and very few Missions which have Class accolades, there's really no reason to team-up in STO, so we don't.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Thanks for a quick reply, though I'm looking for teams solely for the social aspects, not to make anything easier since I'm playing in Advanced already. I'll see if I can find a good fleet, thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-09-2012, 11:02 AM
I remember that feature and I remember it working quite well near launch.
But at launch, everyone was the same level and there were LOTS of people online all trying to play the same mission.

What I don't know is whether the open teaming feature no longer works, or whether it only works when there are a huge number of players in game such that five random people from the same faction are trying to do the exact same mission at the exact same time.

I will say that I am set to open teaming, and I do not remember "accidently" being teamed with someone else.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaughnn
I remember that feature and I remember it working quite well near launch.
But at launch, everyone was the same level and there were LOTS of people online all trying to play the same mission.

What I don't know is whether the open teaming feature no longer works, or whether it only works when there are a huge number of players in game such that five random people from the same faction are trying to do the exact same mission at the exact same time.

I will say that I am set to open teaming, and I do not remember "accidently" being teamed with someone else.
There are two places to set for Open Teaming. If they're both not set to Open then you won't auto-team. I have auto-teamed many times before I started turning them both to Invite.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Just wait until the true F2P Launch on the 17th. There will be literally HORDES of new Lt's and LtC's trying to get those starting missions done. I plan on re-rolling a new character to hang out and experience auto-teaming for what feels like the first time since March 2010