Lt. Commander
# 1 Commendations?
01-09-2012, 09:41 AM
Hi all is there a quicker way to get Commendations up?

Currently at moment stuck to sending out random assignments but that takes a very long time, as VA I'd rather get out there, help since do all the missions.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-09-2012, 09:46 AM
You'll get more XP (per time unit) by doing shorter missions (save the longer missions for when you're going to log off for an extended time). Pick duty officers that utilize the critical successes. Increased rarity can help a lot too. It will take significant effort to hit 100,000 commendation experience in a particular category, a lot longer than it'll take to level up to Vice Admiral.

Also, if you buy some more duty officer slots from the C-Store that can be advantageous. Subscribing to the Doffjobs channel is also a good move and they're a friendly bunch.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-09-2012, 09:58 AM
So basically I can't use normal missions, do some missions myself? Just curious because at moment tend to end up waiting for 'Red alerts' till I figure out which missions are worth doing. Sometimes make a rookie character do while waiting, well prefer to be getting my main character maxed out but there's so little to do so was wondering if there was alternate ways to rank up.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-09-2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie42 View Post
So basically I can't use normal missions, do some missions myself? Just curious because at moment tend to end up waiting for 'Red alerts' till I figure out which missions are worth doing. Sometimes make a rookie character do while waiting, well prefer to be getting my main character maxed out but there's so little to do so was wondering if there was alternate ways to rank up.
currently the only mission XP you could get for commendations was running Jiro's missions to get to be an ambassador. but since they alterted the XP needed for the ambassador stuff, and keeping jiro's missions the same diplo XP (10) currently the only Really useful way is through the missions yes. if the change jiro's missions to give out XP equivilant to the DOFF missions you could have an alternative way of doing the Diplomatic tier commendations.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Sounds like something they should do, I wouldn't mind if they made it so I could explore new worlds, make new treaties to help me my diplomacy because at moment it just feels like I'm playing a facebook game, waiting for the timers to finish it.lol
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-09-2012, 10:37 AM
There are Diplomacy missions in the game - at T0 they are all in the various Exploration zones. As you advance into T1 you will be directed to various Exploration zones to do specific missions for more Diplomacy. When you get into T3 and beyond you will have some simple First Contact missions to do. There are also Diplomacy mission on Vulcan, Bajor, etc. It's not all just about your DOFF.