Lt. Commander
# 31
01-30-2012, 12:48 PM
I'm pretty sure this thread is over 2 weeks old. No offense intended nagus, but I thought these were supposed to get necroed.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-30-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
I'm pretty sure this thread is over 2 weeks old. No offense intended nagus, but I thought these were supposed to get necroed.
Dont worry:

Quote:
Posting to an old thread which has not been posted to in 30 days or more.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/ann....php?f=128&a=8
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-30-2012, 01:03 PM
This is a great idea, but I would prefer it to not be a daily, and just convert all the story mission rewards to dilithium.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-30-2012, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Wow, I dont know about that. You get 1440 dillithium for doing 3 star cluster missions, and the storyline missions are alot longer than those. If you had to do 3 storyline missions for the daily I would think that would be worth up to 5k. That said, 1000 might be a fair amount if you only had to do one storyline mission for the daily. 1 a day would also be a way to keep them from feeling too repetitive over time, and make the cycle of going through them all last longer.
Well we would like more for 3 story missions but cryptic wants to really limit what you get so would be ending up like 1000 ish or somit, tho 1 mission for 400 dilithium might be nice i suppose. Values just what i think "they" would pick of course. But im guessing they wouldnt go for the 1 mission for so so they would stretch it out and give u so so instead.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-30-2012, 03:15 PM
Quote:
On second thought, it would be nice to give those holodeck rooms at Starfleet Academy an actual use, so maybe it could have something to do with a holodeck review of your past performance or something along those lines.
"Make it so!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-30-2012, 07:03 PM
GOOD idea OP!

Cryptic: MAKE IT SO!

since i am a sucker for dilithium, every moment spend ingame that does not award dilithium is wasted time imo

make the dilithium reward scale with difficulty, so people might try out the old missions in Elite Mode with Endgame gear.

It could even be a daily EVENT
so that players queue and team up for the replay. -> after all this is an MMO, we should play together more.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-22-2012, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonto
This is a great idea, but I would prefer it to not be a daily, and just convert all the story mission rewards to dilithium.
The issue there is that it would probably be a fairly small amount since you can replay these missions as many times as you want. Personally I would prefer to get a decent amount once a day than need to play several missions to get that same amount.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Quote:
The issue there is that it would probably be a fairly small amount since you can replay these missions as many times as you want. Personally I would prefer to get a decent amount once a day than need to play several missions to get that same amount.
Indeed. Cryptic don't want us to be able to grind out Dilithium with such ease, even if there is a refinement cap in place. I'd rather have a daily which gives 1440 Dilithium (Like the "Explore new worlds" daily) than unlimited individual missions at insignificant amounts.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-22-2012, 05:30 PM
I really like this idea.

And with Section 31 already in place, it would be easy to say that they need you to go back and "fix" something that went wrong the first time.

Or even have it load as a "simulation" in a holodeck (like someone else suggested).
Maybe it isn't to review 'your' performance, but a performance review of your crew or BOFFs.

Maybe call them Deja Vu or "Nothing on but re-runs".
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-22-2012, 06:42 PM
I'm not sure you'd even have to come up with an in-universe justification for your captain experiencing those events again; after all, it's not like Starfleet's using its time travel to constantly send its captains to fight the same three battles against the Borg (the STFs) over and over. They're just repeatable without any justification. I'm OK with that.

But, to contribute, I'd call it "Story Episode Spotlight" or something like that. Perhaps even "Captain's Log", in the vein of the earlier suggestions about reminiscing where your character is reviewing their log entries, or "Performance Review" in a similar vein if that hasn't been suggested yet.