Lt. Commander
# 1 Pets
01-09-2012, 01:38 PM
One this I would like to see added to this game is the ability to have onboard pets. Such as spot, or prothos. The pet would always be on the ship, every time you go to your quarters, or ready room he/she/it would be there.

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-09-2012, 02:01 PM
- Get home from work
- DOff all over the place
- Do some other stuff
- Log off

- Wake up at 3 am screaming "I didn't feed my damn Cat, and its probably crapping all over my ship's interior!"
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-09-2012, 03:23 PM
Pets would work well in STO, but they might have to be implemented in several different ways. Non-combat quadropeds already exist, and so adding a beagle to follow you around is only a matter of having the artists create a believable model. Alien species like targs don't have to be quite as realistic to work, but everyone knows what a dog 'should' look and act like.

On your ship, though, you could potentially have a form of trophy that is a dog resting on a bed. Right now, it would only work in the Mess hall as a floor trophy, but it's conceivable that the devs could create a special trophy slot in your quarters for doggie beds and their animated occupants.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-09-2012, 03:48 PM
That would be awesome. You can buy a pet, and there is a new slot in your ship tab in your, umm... "U" button, what ever the action is called, and you can put a pet there so it wanders around your ship. I would love to have a little tabby cat roaming around my ship. I love cats.
Lt. Commander
# 5 You are psychic!
01-09-2012, 05:26 PM
I was trying to remember Porthos' name yesterday while my targlet followed me around the racetrack. I'd much rather have a good old terran dog, I'm allergic to cats so even though selats are close, they're just not an option.

I think I'd want a german shephard<sp?> or doberman though. You need a big dog to look right in the oversized rooms and halls.