Lt. Commander
Hello, i m new to sto ,i have only been playing 2 days and i am lc 11

I have been reading allot about featured episodes and that they would be good to lvl.
I was wondering how i start them and what lvl u should be.
Everywhere i read it says u should be lvl 11+for breen and talk to ambassador surah , like here
http://www.stowiki.org/List_of_missi...:_The_Breen.29

But surah wont talk to be at all when i visit him, so eventually i tryed finding the deferi ambasador (everywhere it says he should be on earth spacedock before admiral quins office but i cant find him at all.
So what am i doing wrong?

Another thing i noticed is when i go into my episodes tab i can see the breen missions but it says i have to lvl 48+ to start them.
So why is it that everywhere i read it says i only have to be lvl 11+ for them ?
Or are those missions located in episodes not the featured missions but they are called exactly the same and have diffrent lvl requirments ?

Any help would be welcome.
And if u would have any tips to what missions i should do to maximize my lvling speed would be great to.
thank you
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Stowiki is wrong. All the featured episodes are now in the mission journal and have far higher level requirements before you can do them.

Best bet for speedy leveling is to team up and run through the storyline missions. Be aware though if you dont get free ship tokens for being Gold you may hit a dilithium barrier to prevent you getting a new ship at captain rank.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by subzzzero View Post
Hello, i m new to sto ,i have only been playing 2 days and i am lc 11

I have been reading allot about featured episodes and that they would be good to lvl.
I was wondering how i start them and what lvl u should be....
Now when the Featured Episodes were first run, the access level was set much lower, (Breen was set originally to level 10, Romulan and Devidian were set to 6) so that the majority of players, (which at the time was less then Commander) could play them. It was only with the start of Season 5 were the featured episoded integrated with the rest of the 'story arc' episode order.

I wouldn't be surprised if somehing was implemented for the upcoming Feature Episodes, with a low level access to start with, then raised and incorperated into the DS9 story arc...
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-09-2012, 02:30 PM
the new ds9 series due feb/march should be available for lower levels and then get slotted into the story later unless they have changed their plans.

basically the first series starts with skirmish in the klingon front, the romulan series starts with the vault in the romulans front and the breen have their own front later on.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Oh ok i see, thanks everybody that cleared up allot
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-09-2012, 03:47 PM
I would like to add on that there are minimum levels for each mission. On the Fed side you really won't notice because you level up quick enough. I'm not sure how the Klingon side is right now, but I suspect it is the same. In any case, if you are curious about what the minimum levels are you can check out my sto walkthoughs page, choose the story arc (klingon, breen, etc) and in the list of missions it will tell you what the minimum level is.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
I would like to add on that there are minimum levels for each mission. On the Fed side you really won't notice because you level up quick enough. I'm not sure how the Klingon side is right now, but I suspect it is the same. In any case, if you are curious about what the minimum levels are you can check out my sto walkthoughs page, choose the story arc (klingon, breen, etc) and in the list of missions it will tell you what the minimum level is.
exelent, thank you !

1 more question
are there any mission that i should just replay over and over to maximize my lvling or should i just play them one bye one?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Quote:
exelent, thank you !

1 more question
are there any mission that i should just replay over and over to maximize my lvling or should i just play them one bye one?
One by one. When you replay a mission you get less experience from it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
One by one. When you replay a mission you get less experience from it.
Oh , because i read somewhere that some ppl replay'd feature missions like cold call/comfort and that the reward scaled with your level.
Is that not the case with every mission or whats going on there?
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Oh , because i read somewhere that some ppl replay'd feature missions like cold call/comfort and that the reward scaled with your level.
Is that not the case with every mission or whats going on there?
There are a few missions which give additional rewards if you replay them. Some of these missions give items which do scale with your level. Not every mission is like this and not every item is like this.

The items that do scale have the infinity symbol in the bottom right corner.

To level up quickly and efficiently you should just play through the missions one at a time in the order they are listed in the game. If you ever want to replay a mission that has additional rewards then by all means go ahead, there is nothing wrong with that.

Just keep in mind that the experience you receive from a mission you are replaying is lower than a mission you haven't played yet. For example, if you play a new mission and get 500 experience points then you want to replay it you'll get 200 experience points (I'm just throwing out random numbers here).