Lt. Commander
I dont want the main viewscreen spanned, I just want to be able to move HUD elements onto the other monitor.
Some of them take a lot of space, like the big map.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-09-2012, 11:41 PM
I'd like this too.. but it would involve making all the UI windows into "floating panels" over the game window, which may not work well in "fullscreen" mode.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2012, 05:36 PM
its an interesting idea but at the same time highly unlikely to be implemented.... to use the example you used... the big map is not something that is really meant to be up on the screen all the time.. thats why there is a mini map in the corner... the big map is there for when you need a bigger view.. not for all the time use...
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-25-2012, 09:29 AM
I have a 3-monitor eyefinity display i sometimes use for STO just because I can have all of my stuff like mission windows and my map on separate monitors, however having this kind of multi-display support natively would be helpful for people who would like to utilize all available space.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2012, 09:46 AM
I too would like to see this option. I play on a 42" that is mounted right above my monitor. i would love to have my map and ship controls and hot bar and and quest info on my monitor while haveing the game be on my big screen! This would be epic.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2012, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_The_Strategizer
the big map is not something that is really meant to be up on the screen all the time...
Not the point.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Agreed. I think native multi monitor support would be amazing, even if it is just allowing me to drag my various ingame windows to a second screen. Things tend to get cluttered very quickly with 2 hotbars in space, a min-map, mission objectives, ship controls, chat, and on and on. Being able to spread this information across multiple displays would help the game world feel a little more clean.