Lt. Commander
In this week's episode of Priority One, the guys sit down to talk ships with CapnLogan and ThomastheCrypticCat.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Alrighty. Psyched they got to my question.

I meant less the skin/paint and more the otherall smoother sloping style, but they seemed to have nailed that. A 2409 Oberth or NX would be pretty awesome, and the idea of a 2409 Dervish-style ship makes me happy.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-06-2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
Alrighty. Psyched they got to my question.

I meant less the skin/paint and more the otherall smoother sloping style, but they seemed to have nailed that. A 2409 Oberth or NX would be pretty awesome, and the idea of a 2409 Dervish-style ship makes me happy.
This. I'd really like to see the NX redone as a 2409 style ship. I'm waiting for the rabid dogs to pounce this and cry about the NX being a 22nd century ship.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Then kindly remind them that you start the game with a ship first seen in the 23rd century. So what's another century?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Probably the EV suit and a low gravity fight on the hull of a ship or station...

But I'd love the Dixon Hill sequence with a photonic tommygun. (Which I'm guessing would be a high rate of fire weapon that Borg adapt to more slowly.)
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelchall
Then kindly remind them that you start the game with a ship first seen in the 23rd century. So what's another century?
Trust me. Before the NX-class was released, the forums were split in what amounted to open flame warfare. The mods at the time had to smack people left right and center for inappropriate comments. It's why the NX is a tier 1 Starship.

Some folks argued that the NX-class is too old and useless in terms of viability in 2409/2410. The fact that the C-Store specifically said that it was a new ship based off of old design specs did nothing to decry the naysayers. It was ugly, with page long posts about why a ship could or could not be made useful in the modern era. Examples were tossed around supporting both sides of the argument over the course of about 12 months, before things finally died down.

The NX supporters asked for a new ship based off of the old design principles many times since then, with no word from Logan or anyone else from Cryptic as to their own stance on the issue.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-06-2012, 03:29 PM
What I dont understand is why they supposedly had to make the Jem'Hadar ship rare, yet didnt have to do so with the NX, Oberth, Connie, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
What makes no sense to me is Cryptic supposedly had to make the Jem'Hadar ship rare, yet didnt have to do so with the NX, Oberth, Connie, etc.
How does that make no sense? It's pretty sensible considering the intended function of the ships mentioned; the Fed ships were meant to be specialty ships to fill out the T1 (T0) with Sci/Tac/Eng ships. Meanwhile the Jem ship was meant as a carrot reward for a grab bag.

Not to mention three of those are Federation and one isn't; hell, it isn't even a Fed ally race. I totally see why they'd want to make Jem's rare.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
What I dont understand is why they supposedly had to make the Jem'Hadar ship rare, yet didnt have to do so with the NX, Oberth, Connie, etc.
Do I hear you right? Are you suggesting Connie drop boxes in the c-store??
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
How does that make no sense?
Because the NX, Connie, and Oberth should all also be "rare" in STO's time period. At least, if you want to go by the "story", which is the excuse that is used for why the JH ship is rare.