Lt. Commander
I don't get it I have heard so many good reviews about the game. But you guys do not know how to run a server that is stable it constantly is disconnecting or stops responding, oh and first when you go to say I have slow internet I do not. My internet is working fine with every other game and there are no connection issues on any of the two minecraft servers that I host. Fix your network and also it is sad that the fact I can not reach Customer Support.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-25-2011, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_rifter
I don't get it I have heard so many good reviews about the game. But you guys do not know how to run a server that is stable it constantly is disconnecting or stops responding, oh and first when you go to say I have slow internet I do not. My internet is working fine with every other game and there are no connection issues on any of the two minecraft servers that I host. Fix your network and also it is sad that the fact I can not reach Customer Support.
Is this recent or has it been going on for a while. I have been experiencing similar issues the last couple of days, but it is definitely not the norm for me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-25-2011, 04:10 PM
Same with me, and when I finally do log in all I can do is walk around, trapped in DS9
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-25-2011, 10:15 PM
Make sure you have given your gameclient.exe full access in your firewalls (sometimes after a patch it resets the access) and if needed open and forward on your network 7000-7500 TCP as thats the range STO uses to connect to the servers (large range due to it picking ports at random when it connects to the servers).
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-31-2011, 07:02 PM
I can't connect to any Cryptic websites or the game.
Been about 2 weeks, i am at a mates house right now.
It's not my computer or router because my wifes computer also will not connect.
And if i take my modem to my mates house i can get things working fine.
Seriously getting fustrated.
Ive check my fire wall bla bla everything.
Im pretty sure its at Cryptics end.
Sorry for bad writing this is a rush post as im going out.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-01-2012, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk_DemonKnight
So it works at a friends house, but doesn't work at your house... So why would you think that its Cryptic's fault for this? It would seem to be something at your house.... Have you tried disconnecting the router and connecting directly to the Internet? Have you tried doing a Traceroute to the STO server? Instructions to do this are located in this thread... http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=225155
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-01-2012, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk_DemonKnight
I would say the fact both yours and wife PC is effective and modem works at your friends house kind puts the blame on router as it a common item.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-08-2012, 03:50 AM
same here. Game runs fine, then suddenly the server not responding thing pops, have to constantly relog to fix the problem. I tried with 2 different routers, and also at my neighbour's internet connection, still the same problem. I run many other MMO and F2P fine... even those that causes problems were resolved by patch...lets hope this doesn't become a blame the user issue.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-08-2012, 06:26 AM
I kept getting random server not responding especially on team mission. After several tries, I've finally got into a team mission with at least 8 other player ships without any problem or lag. Now, I kept lagging on one of my mission. I do not understand what changed from 2 years ago and now...there wasn't any problem at all back then and I've seen even more ships in action.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-08-2012, 06:28 AM
I'm in Sydney...it seems to occur after 9pm sydney time...getting worse progressively. It's now almost 1:30am...and I can't even log in at all. Way to re-introduce the game.