Lieutenant
Why is it that nothing I seem to do changes how I get attacked?

I sent my boffs in first, and some stupid enemy decides I am more important for just standing in the back.

I lay down a turret or shield, and they get destroyed right away and I get attacked.

It seems the typical MMOG aggro rules don't apply here.

It is really psing me off. I died 5 times in one mission due to in part the stupid aggro on me. How am I supposed to be an engineer when I can't even use my skills or live?

(edit: holy ....it happened again. Stupid swordmaster came right at me instead of everyone else and put me down. I called for help, boff revived me, and within seconds he was on me again killing me. I want to SCREAM!)

Last edited by itpalg; 02-26-2013 at 01:28 AM.
Lieutenant
# 2
02-27-2013, 12:25 AM
still ....

Now I did a simple exploration in a cluster and it turned out to be a stupid mad fight with a III swordmaster and IIII Dahar master that I have died 6 times to. It is named Facilty DX-206 patrol. I am doing these on adv difficulty and this one says Lt 5 in the beginning of the title so I assume it was meant for that level, while I am now commander 28.

Doing Google search I found plenty of other people in the past royally pissed off at the AI mechanics in the ground games. Why must they all rush me when all I am doing is shooting once at a warrior to pull them back to my boffs, and then I stand behind while I get rushed and two / three shot.

I don't think the devs actually play these missions with these NPCs. I am totally pissed off now.

Screw it. I gave up on that mission. Never have I had to deal with such bullcrap on an exploration cluster.

Last edited by itpalg; 02-27-2013 at 12:30 AM.
Career Officer
# 3
02-27-2013, 01:02 AM
So get your own sword and kill 'em back. It works for me...

Seriously though, there's a few things you can do to avoid drawing aggro from every NPC at once. Most obvious is don't invest any skill points in ground threat control, but that's not all ideal as threat control also improves damage resistance.

The real key to not dying in ground combat is using your BOff abilities. Giving a tac officer Draw Fire I will automatically make him the hot target. He'll die a lot, but while he's getting shot at you can pick off the Klinks without worrying about getting a D'k tahg in they back. Suppressing Fire slows the enemy down and debuffs their damage. Smoke Grenade can temporarily hide you. Overwatch gives nearby friendlies a damage resistance buff.

A science officer has a few tricks for slowing, debuffing and placating the enemy. Look into Electro-gravitic Field, Stasis Field, and when you get to Captain and unlock their commander skills, Anesthezine Gas and Dampening Field.

And then engineering-wise you have a lot of tricks up your sleeve, assuming you have the right kit, or you can get a BOff to do these for you: Shield Generator and Reroute Power to Shields gives your shields a resistance buff. Cover Shield gives you a barrier to duck behind while your shields regenerate or you stick yourself with a hypo. Equipment Diagnostics and Medical Generator buff yout damage resistance. Chroniton Mine Barrier and Fuse Armor slow the enemy down.

And as always, the best defense is a good offense. Get yourself a high-DPS assault rifle or pulsewave gun (or both, one for long range, the other for short range) and maybe a good melee weapon for dealing with Klingons or Borg or anyone else who likes get up in your grill, and do unto other before they can do unto you.

"Freedom is just a pretty idea unless it's backed by Force."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Captain
# 4
02-27-2013, 01:50 AM
Upgrade your weapons shields and armor to the best green or better quality as well as all 4 of your duty officers that you select to beam down with on your mission

Select science officers and make sure there trained in healing skills , make sure they have hypos and tribbles like triolic tribbles

missions should be easy then

also when you see the boss ahead make your oficers stand still , deploy all your turrrts medicasl generator with a shield in front of it then you walk foward and snip shot the target and withdraw behind your fficers or shield and have fun
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Lieutenant
# 5
02-27-2013, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
So get your own sword and kill 'em back. It works for me...

Seriously though, there's a few things you can do to avoid drawing aggro from every NPC at once. Most obvious is don't invest any skill points in ground threat control I haven't for myself, but that's not all ideal as threat control also improves damage resistance.

The real key to not dying in ground combat is using your BOff abilities. Giving a tac officer Draw Fire I will automatically make him the hot target. He'll die a lot, but while he's getting shot at you can pick off the Klinks without worrying about getting a D'k tahg in they back. Suppressing Fire slows the enemy down and debuffs their damage. Smoke Grenade can temporarily hide you. Overwatch No idea what this is; never seen it gives nearby friendlies a damage resistance buff. Both of the tac officers used on this have different levels of suppressing fire. One has innate aggro trait.

A science officer has a few tricks for slowing, debuffing and placating the enemy. Look into Electro-gravitic Field, Stasis Field, and when you get to Captain and unlock their commander skills, Anesthezine Gas and Dampening Field. One sci is used for medical with tricorder and vasc regen, while other is cc/debuff with tachyon harmonic, stasis field, neural neut

And then engineering-wise you have a lot of tricks up your sleeve, assuming you have the right kit, or you can get a BOff to do these for you: Shield Generator and Reroute Power to Shields gives your shields a resistance buff. Not when they run straight for my shield II and destroy it Cover Shield gives you a barrier to duck behind while your shields regenerate or you stick yourself with a hypo. No use when they run around it Equipment Diagnostics and Medical Generator buff yout damage resistance. I don't have these abilities Chroniton Mine Barrier and Fuse Armor slow the enemy down. I know but I don't have anything past chron I, and don't have fuse armor.

And as always, the best defense is a good offense. Get yourself a high-DPS assault rifle or pulsewave gun I have at least one boff with the shotgun (or both, one for long range, the other for short range) and maybe a good melee weapon for dealing with Klingons or Borg or anyone else who likes get up in your grill, and do unto other before they can do unto you. Isn't rifle butt good enough? It is the only melee option I have

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
Upgrade your weapons shields and armor to the best green or better quality as well as all 4 of your duty officers that you select to beam down with on your mission

Select science officers and make sure there trained in healing skills , make sure they have hypos and tribbles like triolic tribbles

missions should be easy then

also when you see the boss ahead make your oficers stand still , deploy all your turrrts medicasl generator with a shield in front of it then you walk foward and snip shot the target and withdraw behind your fficers or shield and have fun As you can read above I do the pull and hide behind yet they rush me and kill me in seconds

Last edited by itpalg; 02-27-2013 at 01:58 AM.