Lt. Commander
Just an idea for a perk to become a paid member or a lifetime member would be for those who have Gold Status (or Lifetime Membership) they would receive a 10% or 20% C-Store discount on store items.

Yes, I do understand the 400cp/mo stipend. But from experience in retail, if you offer a 'discount' people tend to spend more even though they really aren't saving much.

item = 500cp minus 10% item = 450cp (Now the customer hungers over that 50cp and buys the 500cp pack)

=] Bonus: Gold / Lifetime members feel like they have something special that F2P don't!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Unlikely to happen, since they don't want people subbing for a month just to make large C-Store purchases.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Golds get 400 free CPs a month. That is their discount. Depending on what you want to buy that constitutes a 100% to 25% discount.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-06-2012, 06:25 PM
I agree with this. There aren't enough perks for Gold members at the moment. People with lifetimes or subbers aren't being shown enough benefits. This AND making Gold members pay F2P prices is a bit like flipping the bird to the loyal fan-base.

I know the 400 stipend could be viewable as a nice perk, but if you take into account that a lifer/subber would need to save their stipend for 4 months in order to buy a VA ship, 400 is not a lot.

Cryptic got it right with Champions Online. The adventure pack content came free to Gold members and a lot of costume items too. Freeform characters is the cherry on top and is a HUGE reason to shell out for a sub or LTS. All that AND they get the 400CP a month too.

So far, it looks like Cryptic don't want subscribers and want to focus on making money from the Silver players, which would be fine had they not already sold LTS to their customers and still offer subscriptions.

The only major perks for STO Gold players are the free ships when ranking up and that perk becomes void after a month or two if you're a player that only wants to play one or two characters. The other perks are the inventory and bank slots, but those become void too when you weigh up the cost of monthly subbing/LTS against simply buying the slots from the C-Store if you, again, only have a couple of characters. Foundry isn't for everyone, not everyone is creative and some people might see using the Foundry as doing the dev's jobs for them, so I don't think the Foundry slots are enough or a perk either.

Maybe a C-Store discount isn't going to happen, but Cryptic REALLY need to show Gold members a little more love.
Lt. Commander
# 5 C-Store Price Increase
01-07-2012, 05:52 AM
With the C-Store price increase the free 400 Cryptic points really don't mean anything
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-07-2012, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkerdean View Post
With the C-Store price increase the free 400 Cryptic points really don't mean anything
This is true. Cryptic call the new prices "F2P prices". What I don't understand is, if the prices have been put up to suppport F2P and we didn't need F2P prices while the game was sub only, why should players who continue to sub pay the same prices as Silver players?

To me it makes no sense.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-07-2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchooW View Post
This is true. Cryptic call the new prices "F2P prices". What I don't understand is, if the prices have been put up to suppport F2P and we didn't need F2P prices while the game was sub only, why should players who continue to sub pay the same prices as Silver players?

To me it makes no sense.
What would really draw in people to Gold and Lifetime would be to make the ships the subscriber prices they use to be for Gold and Lifetime members. Or if they are afraid of someone only subbing for 1 month to get a ship or two, make it a perk for Lifetime Members and offer the Gold Members with over a year subscription a discounted Lifetime Membership offer before F2P is released.

There are MANY options they could do for us with this. As of right now, other than cosmetics there isn't a reason to become a Lifetime Subscriber or a Gold if you've maxed out already.

Oh and as for the Foundry, it's nice and all but really... most don't have the time, creativeness, or discipline to sit down for hours and make something.... or have the interest. It's a curiosity for me but I don't expect I'll do much with it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-09-2012, 04:18 AM
i have cool ideas for Gold account's perks.

few new monthly consumables...

2 packs of (50 scorpion fighter units) for both Feds and Factions
1 pack of disposable turrets (10 units charge) for away team.
1 pack of Re-enforcement "Red-Shirt" squadrons (5 man unit/5 charges) for feds and faction version.
(idea for Red-Shirt are restricted if you cant handle non-elite mission tough mob squads, and cant be used in team/fleet ground actions).

i am sure there is few good perk ideas for gold+ accounts to get them for free each month, others F2P will have to buy if they need.

is these reasonable ideas?
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylonus
i have cool ideas for Gold account's perks.

few new monthly consumables...

2 packs of (50 scorpion fighter units) for both Feds and Factions
1 pack of disposable turrets (10 units charge) for away team.
1 pack of Re-enforcement "Red-Shirt" squadrons (5 man unit/5 charges) for feds and faction version.
(idea for Red-Shirt are restricted if you cant handle non-elite mission tough mob squads, and cant be used in team/fleet ground actions).

i am sure there is few good perk ideas for gold+ accounts to get them for free each month, others F2P will have to buy if they need.

is these reasonable ideas?
+1 for the Scorpion Fighters (haven't had any for a year in my hangar).
Have 8x50 Turrets for my KDF and none for the Fed...seems unusual. KDF seems to get them frequently, while my Fed (whoi I play the most)....never.