Lt. Commander
# 21
01-11-2012, 05:14 PM
I just use BFI when i'm gonna be hit by a Warp core breech.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-11-2012, 05:27 PM
i think more people would use it if it had a costume option that looked even remotely klingon, that the reason i have never used it. its ugly, and it doesn't make scene that the klingon were able to capture a fleet of carriers that what, came from hell? or were created to look like they came from hell by the Hur'q, or was it the iconians?

that arc made absolutely no scene, and desperately needs to be rewriten or expanded on to show were exactly those Fek'lhr came from. were they really from some klingon hell dimension, or were they this EXTREMELY elaborate project by a bunch of wierdoes that had WAY to much time on their hands and wanted to harass the klingons with an enemy that resembles demons from their mythology, that also somehow have starships comparable to klingon designs. WAY to much random insane fantasy in my extremely well fleshed out and established science fiction thankyouverymuch
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
I for one have found that naturally the console fires and does not last very long but I do find if I pop an Aux battery just before using this console it works great for me. I am immune to just about everything and can let fly with my Antiprotons lol. I find it is BEST for saving me from hardcore Warp Core Breeches that I cannot get that big tub to fly away from or to get out of a serious spike attack if I can see it coming. Lowering its drain could be ok but be careful, it is a VERY powerful effect to let last too long.
Lowering the drain wouldn't change the 10s maximum duration, so it would just (generally, depending on how much Aux you started with) mean you came out of it with more Aux power.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Lowering the drain wouldn't change the 10s maximum duration, so it would just (generally, depending on how much Aux you started with) mean you came out of it with more Aux power.
Combined with the if I read it right some of the STF sets coming with higher damage resistance and especially kinetic damage resistance it will more than likely see a drastic improvement just from the lowered drain.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-11-2012, 11:32 PM
Just wondering: Is there a had counter to the Kar'fi phase shift?
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-12-2012, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Well once you hit 0 Aux it drops it. Right now I generally hit that before the 10s hits without an Aux Battery but maybe that is just me lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
Just wondering: Is there a had counter to the Kar'fi phase shift?
Just its CD or sucking away all of the ships Aux Power. Aux hits 0 and the Phase Shift ends.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-12-2012, 11:13 AM
The basic problem we were trying to solve with the Kar'fi was that it is a very tactically oriented carrier, which is fine, but it is very fragile. One option was to change its bridge officer seating to be heavier on the Engineering side, and while this would fix the issue, it would make it really just a Vo'quv variant rather than a tactical carrier anymore.

The option we went with was the Phase Shift functionality which is designed to be an "Oh crap!" button, but an effective one in the same way that Reverse Shield Polarity or Feedback can be.

The balance point we want to hit with the Kar'fi and the Phase Shift console is for someone to sit there in the dark, face lit only by their computer screen, agonizing over whether or not to slot the console. If that happens, then we've hit that balance point. Right now, we aren't quite there from what I can see.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-12-2012, 11:17 AM
Quote:
The basic problem we were trying to solve with the Kar'fi was that it is a very tactically oriented carrier, which is fine, but it is very fragile. One option was to change its bridge officer seating to be heavier on the Engineering side, and while this would fix the issue, it would make it really just a Vo'quv variant rather than a tactical carrier anymore.

The option we went with was the Phase Shift functionality which is designed to be an "Oh crap!" button, but an effective one in the same way that Reverse Shield Polarity or Feedback can be.

The balance point we want to hit with the Kar'fi and the Phase Shift console is for someone to sit there in the dark, face lit only by their computer screen, agonizing over whether or not to slot the console. If that happens, then we've hit that balance point. Right now, we aren't quite there from what I can see.
So, given the large amount of device slots - is the answer to make it a device perhaps? I could imagine wide use if this was the case.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th
So, given the large amount of device slots - is the answer to make it a device perhaps? I could imagine wide use if this was the case.
I would use it as a device.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th
I have brought that idea up - using things like this as devices - but Captain Geko feels that devices should generally always be for consumables (the Red Matter gets a pass since it fulfills the exact same role as a battery).

If people do not feel a particular console is ever worth a console slot, the solution is to change it to make it competitive with other things you can put in a regular console slot.