Lt. Commander
# 41
01-20-2012, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
Make that ensign science a universal or an eng slot and the ship is golden.

RIght now, in an elite STF, you cannot survive.

And yes, the console isn't usefull. 3 second "battle cloak"?
Just to note, it's duration is actually 10s unless you run out of Aux power earlier. Now, I think that is what is actually happening, which is why it isn't more highly thought of, which is why we are reducing the Aux drain from its current level.
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-20-2012, 12:49 PM
kewl, I'll try it out. when does the fix go live?
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Could we please have a hard counter for phase shift? Maybe PSW or CPB?
10s invulnerability without any hard counter doesn't sound particularly balanced.
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-20-2012, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
Could we please have a hard counter for phase shift? Maybe PSW or CPB?
10s invulnerability without any hard counter doesn't sound particularly balanced.
I thought the immunity had a drawback, like you can't be healed or attack or something? How balanced the immunity is is directly related to what the drawback is, that I can't recall and can't find any information for.
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-21-2012, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexy
I thought the immunity had a drawback, like you can't be healed or attack or something? How balanced the immunity is is directly related to what the drawback is, that I can't recall and can't find any information for.
The phase shift gives up to 10s of untargetability, but has an Aux drain which if that goes to 0 the effect ends prematurely. Untargetability also means it cannot be affected by friendly effects as well, nor can it launch anything from its hangers or use projectiles of any kind. You can heal yourself, but anything that relies on Aux will be based on a rapidly dwindling Aux pool.

Moreover, if a non-entity projectile - non-targetable torpedoes fall into this category - is fired before the Phase Shift is activated, it will still hit.

Feedback thus far from people who have used the console has consistently been that it is "Okay but not great" and that other consoles are generally preferable.
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-21-2012, 04:58 PM
It gives you 10 seconds of untangeability but it also drain Aux @ 12/sec.
If my Aux is at 60, you have 5 seconds.
So I need 120 aux for it to last 10 seconds.

How about have it last 10 seconds but your aux is 0 when you get out of it.
No Aux drain, per se.

Or 10% drain per second
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Recently returned, I dusted off my Kar'fi. I didn't think the console was useful enough after a few dozen PvP matches this week. I used it mostly for cube explosions. In PvP I felt it was the same as RSP, which means it's a big bullseye saying "Everybody shoot me as soon as this effect is over."

I love the Kar'fi because of its unique combination of red and blue. The lack of yellow being compensated for with a brief intangible effect seemed, well, kind of lame, and maybe a little unimaginative.

Since we have what is IMO a fantastic mechanic in STO where speed offers a defensive bonus, I would rather see something that takes advantage of that. This would offer good pilots a chance to reposition themselves to survive, offer their opponents the opportunity to chase them down though equally good piloting, and at the same time complement the creature that is the Kar'fi. I don't like trying to shore up the lack of Eng options with something that will be seen as lacking a hard counter and doesn't fit in the "Who needs defense?" attitude of this ship.

How about a console that offers:
+?? to Flight Speed strength
+?? to Defense strength
Immunity to movement debuffs (or maybe just holds but not stuns)

Plus maybe one or two of the following, in order of my personal least to most favorite:
Instantly cooldown and launch both bays
+?? to Turn rate
+?? to Weapons
+?? to Aux

Now, I'd really enjoy a death effect. The Kar'fi is the honey badger of STO. Only a LT Eng slot on a top tier ship? Honey Kar'fi don't care. Honey Kar'fi came to blow you up and get blown up.

While the console is active maybe:
+??? to kinetic damage from Abandon Ship Explosion effect
+? km to Abandon Ship Explosion range

Or, If the Kar'fi gets destroyed while the ability is active something like:
Adds ? sec AoE to Warp core breach similar to EWP in ? km radius
Adds an effect to Warp Core Breach that causes damage to an enemy with a chance to chain to another target. If the enemy is under a healing effect, damage will chain to the healer.
+? to damage and radius of Warp Core Breach <<most simple and my favorite

Or, altogether different:
Instantly launches the max deployable complement of both bays, and produces a scramble sensors or placate effect. I don't really like this one, but I like it more than intangibility.

TLDR: Do away with Bizzarro Ablative Armor. Every 3 min get APOish with an Aux bonus, plus something that makes them pay extra for blowing you up.
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-26-2012, 02:30 AM
In my humble opinion, the karfi does exactly what it needs to right now, I think the phaseshift alltho "not so great" is still usable, its actually quite better then say for example the intrepid "ablative hull armor" sence even if you can heal yourself slightly with less power in the kar'fi, you cannot loose the phaseshift.
Lt. Commander
# 49 maybe I am missing something
01-29-2012, 10:36 PM
I didn't think this warranted another thread, since it's about the Kar'Fi --

Anyone else being stuck in Red Alert mode, like, all the time with this ship? I can hardly ever use full impulse to move from one engagement to the other while my teammates zoom off to the next bit. And this has happened without any of my ships launched from the hangers, even. I would understand, I guess, if the idea is that my strike craft fighting anything puts me in combat, but when they are so far away sometimes (their AI leaves a lot to be desired still) it's really annoying. But even then, for example this evening I was at the start of a Cure STF, turning to the right to head towards the first group, with nothing launched or within 12km of me and yet Red Alert was up.

I don't notice this happening on any other ships of mine. I'd like to not have to burn evasive maneuvers to cruise around.
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-29-2012, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized
I didn't think this warranted another thread, since it's about the Kar'Fi --

Anyone else being stuck in Red Alert mode, like, all the time with this ship? I can hardly ever use full impulse to move from one engagement to the other while my teammates zoom off to the next bit. And this has happened without any of my ships launched from the hangers, even. I would understand, I guess, if the idea is that my strike craft fighting anything puts me in combat, but when they are so far away sometimes (their AI leaves a lot to be desired still) it's really annoying. But even then, for example this evening I was at the start of a Cure STF, turning to the right to head towards the first group, with nothing launched or within 12km of me and yet Red Alert was up.

I don't notice this happening on any other ships of mine. I'd like to not have to burn evasive maneuvers to cruise around.
I noticed that in any carrier. I had assumed it was my fighters keeping me at red alert. I could be wrong.