Lt. Commander
# 21
01-11-2012, 05:15 AM
Like some people pointed out already, we need INCREASED plasma resistence not having it decreased further. In elite STFs on ground, Tactical drones can pretty much mow people down as it is and I won't even elaborate on the one shot one kill attacks of the heavies and elites.

If you ask me, the bonusses on the sets should be INCREASED by a lot depending on it's rank. 5% resist to all energy is kinda poo for these sets.

Also, Energy resistence to 38... I'm sorry but that completely beats the idea of having a Borg FIGHTING set here. It needs to be increased by a lot on the HG set.

Think beefed up Pollyalloy Weave armors with a hint of the Energy Resistence armor combined with a nice covariant PSG. Not Toys 'r Us stuff that we may as well give to our least favourite BOs...
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-11-2012, 05:25 AM
So, as a fed Sci the theory seems to be nerf my maco armor so I have to put on a set of pollyalloy to tank Armek?

Also, I liked the 3 shot primary on the maco rifle, it made it different to any other sniper out there. Sure, you had to remod more often but that's why you carry a second gun, right?

It's also going to lose 2 shots worth of kinetic damage I assume, that 3x15 is useful for finishing off drones when the autoremod is on cooldown.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-11-2012, 05:28 AM
The remodulation cooldown on all of the weapons, make the number scale down by Mark of the weapon, say something like Mk X (12s), Mk XI (9s) and MK XII (6s). After all the time invested in acquiring the higher rated Mk sets is high, and it only works in PVE vs Borg, so I think it makes sense, do you?

When vs Borg, have a passive chance to proc %10, %15, %20 (dependant on Mk) resistance to Plasma energy weapons when taking all damage from Borg if that's possible to code.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-11-2012, 06:59 AM
Overall I like the direction this is all heading in, though I agree with the comments here that the M.A.C.O. armor should be a bit better overall...it most certainly didn't need a nerf in terms of resistances.

While we're on the subject of the M.A.C.O. gear, does anyone else think the capacity should be raised slightly? The purple mk xi capx3 sheilds from crafting at the moment seem a bit more desirable. Again, considering the amount of grind required to get these, they should be a bit stronger.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-11-2012, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
As before, I am posting this only to inform you all of what's going on. Since these updated sets won't be available for public testing for a little bit, I'd remind you that if something looks out of whack, please try to reserve your judgement until you've seen the changes in action. Don't hesitate to let me know about it, obviously... but let's keep it civil and constructive.
I'm just quoting this based on Some of the responses here.

I must say I'm even intrigued to see how lowering the stats of SOME of the items pan out, but will currently be grateful for the look they are receiving until I've had chance to play with them. Also looking forward to see how those added procs play into a combat situation....

My only point of concern (as I have the OMEGA MK XI set ) is that remodulation issue. Perhaps increase the Kinetic damage on the OMEGA rifle to compensate for the higher frequency of remodulation? As in, calculate how damage the MACO/KHG weapon could do in 1 remodulation cycle and add the calculated loss in damage (possibly assuming you were using primary and secondary attacks efficiently?), as kinetic damage to each burst of the OMEGA rifle?

A suggestion JMan.... The OMEGA gear is FULL of grenades/ammo? pouches. Could it's Activated skill not be linked to that?
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-11-2012, 08:47 AM
Lots of you seem to be dwelling on the perceived nerf to the MACO set. I guess I should've worded it better.

All 3 sets now have the same resistances to Kinetic, Physical and Energy of all types. Previously they were based on different types of armor and this was seen as an imbalance since Feds can't use the KHG set and KDF can't obtain the MACO set. If additional Kinetic/Physical resist is generally seen as highly desirable for STFs, we can take a look at increasing it across the board.

First pass is always to level the playing field. If, after that, the field needs to be elevated, it will.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Lots of you seem to be dwelling on the perceived nerf to the MACO set. I guess I should've worded it better.

All 3 sets now have the same resistances to Kinetic, Physical and Energy of all types. Previously they were based on different types of armor and this was seen as an imbalance since Feds can't use the KHG set and KDF can't obtain the MACO set. If additional Kinetic/Physical resist is generally seen as highly desirable for STFs, we can take a look at increasing it across the board.

First pass is always to level the playing field. If, after that, the field needs to be elevated, it will.
I'm sure we noticed that. I think the point is, that the old MACO armor was the only 1 that could compete with a standard Polyalloy Weave Armor, Omega and HG allready were inferior. You probably won't find many people using other armor than Poly or Energy Dampening with the huge amount of damage the Borg are dishing out. Set procs and boni are nice, but as long as the basic stats are below what you can get on normal equipment and the procs aren't absurd overpowered it'll always look like compensation of drawbacks.

Same for the weapons and PSGs, using anything beside Snipers and Pulsewaves has a) huge drawbacks or b) only situational funtionality. Here you probably won't see many people complain about the changes to the MACO rifle, it will basically be a sniper. There need to be some serious changes to the autocarbine and I haven't tried the HG weapon, so I can't comment here.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Quote:

Sounds good to me. Its all part of the stages of development... Pure Hate, Still Hate it, Could get better, I love it LOL. The only thing I'd like to add to feedback its just my thought and not sure if the tech is available or would ever be but as a more structured design that say some or all of the sets be structured to have different stats depending on what ships they are being put on. For example the KHG sets skill of the mask energy field mostly benefits the carriers, orion flight deck, and gorn sci ship. Possibly for the other ships like bops, raptors/raiders, heavy battle cruisers that already have cloaks and wouldn't really benefit from this skill to have a different skill it uses to make it extremely useful to any ship you put this on and same principle for federation ships since the current designs more than likely do not give each federation ship something extremely useful in light of the time taken in stf's to acquire the sets when the drop rate is so low that you can do 100+ stfs before ever getting a drop you get 120 EDC's for a XI set long before you get a tech drop. Anyway thats my input on it.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:

Please try to fight a few Elite STF Tactical Drones in anything but a Medic selfhealing-Tank, then come back and tell us what you think those resistance numbers should be to survive these guys longer than 2 seconds

and please use the PUG queue for it so you get grouped with noobish players that YOU have to drag through the mission.

on normal that is 10 times easíer, normal mode should not be what you base your numbers on for the Elite Sets.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Something I was wondering regarding the MACO rifle - would it be possible to keep the existing FX but have the primary attack register as one shot not three for adaption purposes?