Lt. Commander
# 21
01-11-2012, 05:55 AM
If 50% of cryptics income with lib borg c-store unlock goes into the cpoint-wallets of all lifetimers im fine with putting it in.
Lt. Commander
# 22 OK ya got me
01-11-2012, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_Strife
Au contraire, it is..... if you pay a few hundred bucks

Very good point sir....very good point

Lt. Commander
# 23
01-11-2012, 06:16 AM
Might as well put every pre-order and special hard to get item in the Cstore then since nothing is sacred anymore.
I look forward to buying the Bug ship and those missing pre-order items I never got back in beta. :p
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-11-2012, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_Strife
Au contraire, it is..... if you pay a few hundred bucks
Exactly

OP requested it to be prchasable, it is already purchasable, thread over
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-11-2012, 08:11 AM
Just had a thought. What happens when the Bridge Officer to Captain system goes live? Does that mean that non-lifers will get the CE and KA Borg Bridge Officers to play as captain or will they and other Bridge Officers be excluded?
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-11-2012, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Just had a thought. What happens when the Bridge Officer to Captain system goes live? Does that mean that non-lifers will get the CE and KA Borg Bridge Officers to play as captain or will they and other Bridge Officers be excluded?
That point has the problem of assuming the boff->captain conversion system will ever see the light of day. It won't. The game will fold before that happens. I would be happy to be wrong about that but their track record paints a vivid picture.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-11-2012, 08:18 AM
1st: No, from me. Lifers have and will see a major cut with F2P.

2nd: How about investing in a LTS and getting your Liberated Borg?
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-11-2012, 08:18 AM
It already is: http://www.startrekonline.com/lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
What about Liberated Borg Aliens for lifers and the Liberated Borg Human and Klingon races as either a vet reward or C-Store purchase? I would personally like to see more options for my main character as a borg captain with a borg ship and some borg and half-borg crew.
I MIGHT be satisfied with this solution, provided the alien gen would be expanded with more Borg elements (such as the armor) and Android parts for that alien as well (perhaps in conjunction with the 700 day vet reward).

Give the rest away for all I care... But the Liberated Borg stays where it is, as it is... This is their last chance to show that they actually KNOW what "exclusive" means. They already failed with lots of the Pre-Order things (and to some degree actually even the LibBorg).
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Absolutely not, some things need to stay unique/rare to keep them special. We already see enough liberated borg about as it is (and I'm speaking as a non-lifer).

It was disappointing enough when they put the NX registry up to purchase, it should have remained a collectors edition bonus. A few little special things like that can make the game fun, and those who missed it don't need access to trivial content to enjoy game.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-11-2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
This is their last chance to show that they actually KNOW what "exclusive" means. They already failed with lots of the Pre-Order things (and to some degree actually even the LibBorg).
I recall the "exclusive" argument being shot down a while ago when pre-orders made their way to the general game. Things don't have to be exclusive forever for their purchasers to have gotten the benefit.

I don't have a problem with anyone who wants to making a liberated Borg. The lifetime subs already get to play the game with full benefits forever without a subscription, and get a stipend. If other people want to actually pay money to support the game that a LTS can play without spending more money on, that's fine by me.

I would love to see the options expanded to other races as well, but I imagine it'll be a while before that happens (and that Cryptic's response would be "anyone can buy the 7of9 parts from the C Store").