Lt. Commander
# 31
01-11-2012, 10:59 AM
Just because the matter was dropped in their opinion, does not necessarily mean that people have to be happy about it.... Or that any argument about Cryptics previous statements will change that either for that matter. OR that people have forgotten it.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Give the rest away for all I care... But the Liberated Borg stays where it is, as it is... This is their last chance to show that they actually KNOW what "exclusive" means.
Actually it's already to late for that - liberated borg was as first supposed to be exclusive to us who got the LTS before launch...
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-11-2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
I recall the "exclusive" argument being shot down a while ago when pre-orders made their way to the general game. Things don't have to be exclusive forever for their purchasers to have gotten the benefit.
The difference is that the pre-order items were for pre-orders. The LTS is still being sold now and some people have only bought one recently with the F2P announcement (believing what Cryptic had told everyone, that subscriptions would retain their value).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
The lifetime subs already get to play the game with full benefits forever without a subscription, and get a stipend.
On the 15th everyone can play the game without a subscription. Silvers can buy one month when they've capped their characters and keep all of the perks associated with Gold forever for a one time fee of $15 (5% of the cost of an LTS). And the stipend is a drop in the bucket. It's less than 1/3rd a monthly sub, and wouldn't pay off the $300 cost associated with an LTS for 75 months (which means six years and three months).
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneemann View Post
Actually it's already to late for that - liberated borg was as first supposed to be exclusive to us who got the LTS before launch...
Wich is covered in the last past of my post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
...They already failed with lots of the Pre-Order things (and to some degree actually even the LibBorg).
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-13-2012, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneemann View Post
I'm of two minds about this. On one side, I was late to the Life Time Subscription thing, by a couple of months. I was sad to learn that as I was late, I got no Liberated Borg. And I could live with that. 'Bout fell out of my chair when I went to create a new character and saw I had access. Quietly sneaked that in and didn't tell me. Though, to be honest, at the time I was fairly certain it was a bug and I was already making plans to report it as such(right after I created one on the chance they tried to take it away again).

On the flip side though, as I pointed out earlier, to make Playable Liberated Borg a C-Store thing would just cheapen the life time subscription even further. The only benefits remaining would be the Career Officer title(and the accompanying forum title of the same type), and instant access to the Captains Table. Though the latter being mitigated slightly as a vet reward now too. Lifers just get instant access and don't have to wait.

This all being said, I can understand the large support against this. And from a profit standpoint it would be a very bad move by Cryptic if they C-Stored this. Unless they plan to make the C-Store cost for the race equal to the life time subscription cost. But in understanding, I also stand by a post I made a while ago on another thread, I honestly wouldn't care if they offered up things I had exclusive access to on the C-Store. Promotional free or not. I didn't care when they put the Red Matter Capacitor and the uniforms I have access to by default on the C-Store(collectors edition).

To those of you who got lost in my flip flopping, yes, I'm a walking mass of contradictions. I would like to see Liberated Borg remain exclusive for lifers. Would have liked to see it remain exclusive to pre-orders as well. But I'm not gonna freak or flip out if they put it on the C-Store. Just gives more people a chance to be what they like.