Lt. Commander
# 1 Downloader speeds....
01-11-2012, 09:38 PM
hi iam new here so iam not 100% sure where to post this, but i have just purchased this game and iam attempting to download the client via the down loader, but i cant get speeds past about 50-60kbs, but when i first start it it hits max speed for about 20 secs and then just drops dramatically and wont really go any higher, can anyone point me to somewhere else i can download the main game client where i can actually get max speed... my connection is about 1.2mb average download speed. i don't have a accounts or anything with places like file share etc so if there is a working torrent or something like that can someone please point me to it.... not to mention random drop outs of the downloader.....

thanks in advance
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2012, 08:47 PM
At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

Your ISP may also be throttling that type of data traffic, which some often do if a download looks like it is several gigabytes.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2012, 09:32 PM
On this topic, is there a direct download link where I can get a full offline installer instead of this sluggish pando booster? I hate online installers and would really prefer a direct client download option if available.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2012, 09:37 PM
If all of the downloaders and installers are moving to Pando, you won't have a choice. Later on there may be a torrent setup (like for other PWE games), but the days of a direct download are probably over.

Please note, from a personal player standpoint, I think you all should know that Pando will keep running in the background sharing the game with other users so you may want to disable PMB.exe to help keep your resources and bandwidth in check if it causes you problems. You may also want to uninstall Pando once you have installed, updated, and logged into the game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2012, 11:08 PM
They had a link to the torrent up before the website was changed.