Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
No. This is not about overpowered KSO BoPs and spam consoles.

It's about what warzone is supposed to be, and what it is turned into by" hey, gank them, screw anything else" Klingons.

It's warzone. Two side have some mission and they are supposed to compete against each others for the objective. Right? Yeah, right. Then why Klingons are actually never, ever doing this. Even if there are 5 or 6 KSO players and 2 Feds Klingons are just running around trying to kill Feds and that's it. In all the time I played Ker'rat (not much, but still) I saw KSO side winning Ker'rat once. Maybe twice. On all levels not only VA.

Klinks are whinning about Feds grinding in Ker'rat but the fact is - that's what the mission and Ker'rat is about. If you want Fed's to actually play against you, all Feds - do something about it. Give us incentive to go against you, to actively seek and kill/fight you. As it is it's more profitable (and actualy more fun) to ignore Klinks leaving them for those Feds that are in Ker'rat for PvP only and do the mission.

WHY should we, Feds, engage KSO players? There is nothing to win there, nothing to lose if we ignore you. You scream for open PvP, want some big PvP map, but are unable to use what little we alread have. Compete with Feds for the borg tech in Ker'rat or stop whinning when Feds ignore you.

Few day ago I saw some lone BoP attacking Borg Repair Nodes. Klings (very) rarely do this and I assumed that some Kling is doing the mission and close to end it. CHAAARGE! Ok, that was not the best idea as I'm lame PvPer (lot to learn) but it was better then allowing Klinks win (Feds still had 3 Nodes to kill). I got blown up, but Feds won. Klinks who killed me were all about "ha, never attack Klink" untill I pointed that my attack took them time and allowed Feds to win. No comment after this.

That was fun. I died, but for cause and attacking this Klink had a lot of sense. If she (I think it was she) was just flying around seeking some Fed to kill I would have turned around and searched for some calmer place to play with Borg.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-11-2012, 08:10 AM
Why do a mission for possible good drops and with bugged NPCs. Not to mention how do you know that the Feds didn't start the war?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-11-2012, 08:41 AM
its an open PvP zone with an underlying objective that is not required to compete in the zone.
To becry that the Klingons are not playing it correctly is invalid and no more true than the same Ker'rat zones that the feds kill all the Klinks in and take over to control while thier teammates complete the zone's underlying objectives.

Which is exactly what we klinks are doing 90% of the time- killing the feds to allow one or two lone Klinks to try and complete the objective. It doesn't always work as we are sometimes way outnumbered, but it is a valid tactic to destroy and disrupt the enemy in his actions.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Most of us veteran PVP peeps have been playing in Kerrat since day one. It has become our proverbial sandbox. Its also not just a mission based instance. It is in fact an open PvP warzone just like any other MMO. You can go in there to do the mission but you will be fighting more than just the borg. Its gonna get dirty. Keep your head down and bring extra socks. You dont want to get that trench foot
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-11-2012, 08:48 AM
PvP'ers are typically in there just for the pew-pew. When I'm in there, whether I'm on one of my feds or klinks, I'm there primarily to fight. If I get bored, I might go for some of the repair hulks to try to get something I can sell on the exchange, but that's the exception.

To people like me, the mission is pointless, I just want to kill people while waiting for pvp queue pops.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlaffargue
Most of us veteran PVP peeps have been playing in Kerrat since day one. It has become our proverbial sandbox. Its also not just a mission based instance. It is in fact an open PvP warzone just like any other MMO. You can go in there to do the mission but you will be fighting more than just the borg. Its gonna get dirty. Keep your head down and bring extra socks. You dont want to get that trench foot
And for goodness sake, feds. Do not eat the apples we may toss over the trenches to you. POP!
:p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattivo80 View Post
PvP'ers are typically in there just for the pew-pew. When I'm in there, whether I'm on one of my feds or klinks, I'm there primarily to fight. If I get bored, I might go for some of the repair hulks to try to get something I can sell on the exchange, but that's the exception.

To people like me, the mission is pointless, I just want to kill people while waiting for pvp queue pops.
Its hard to do a mission that ahs so many bugs like three untouchable/unkillable Cubes stuck in a Borg transmitter thingy that keeps you from scanning or those Spheres and Probes that can fire directly through objects to attack you.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Definition of WAR ZONE
1: a zone in which belligerents are waging war; broadly : an area marked by extreme violence
2: a designated area especially on the high seas within which rights of neutrals are not respected by a belligerent nation in time of war.

It is what it is...
Seems kinda simple...if ya dislike the way things work there, don't go there...
It sure not like, as a Fed, you don't have much else to do.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Don't worry, we feds will always try to destroy you...you know that you are advantaged but you also know that we feds will never surrender to the evil Empire (Star Wars? Yes, I'm playing SWTOR and it's fantastic...ehi Cryptic, don't be jealous, I'm a lifetime subscriber and I love you!).:p
Lt. Commander
# 9 ah yes....
01-11-2012, 10:52 AM
its where i vacation and test new builds....if it works in Kerrat, PVE is a breeze. Don't really care to complete anything other than target practice.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzyJablonski
It's warzone. Two side have some mission and they are supposed to compete against each others for the objective. Right? Yeah, right. Then why Klingons are actually never, ever doing this.

Few day ago I saw some lone BoP attacking Borg Repair Nodes. Klings (very) rarely do this and I assumed that some Kling is doing the mission and close to end it. CHAAARGE! Ok, that was not the best idea as I'm lame PvPer (lot to learn) but it was better then allowing Klinks win (Feds still had 3 Nodes to kill). I got blown up, but Feds won. Klinks who killed me were all about "ha, never attack Klink" untill I pointed that my attack took them time and allowed Feds to win. No comment after this.

you just shot down your own argument, & answered your own question.
Who the hell is the KSO?