Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzyJablonski
No. This is not about overpowered KSO BoPs and spam consoles.

It's about what warzone is supposed to be, and what it is turned into by" hey, gank them, screw anything else" Klingons.

It's warzone. Two side have some mission and they are supposed to compete against each others for the objective. Right? Yeah, right. Then why Klingons are actually never, ever doing this. Even if there are 5 or 6 KSO players and 2 Feds Klingons are just running around trying to kill Feds and that's it. In all the time I played Ker'rat (not much, but still) I saw KSO side winning Ker'rat once. Maybe twice. On all levels not only VA.

Klinks are whinning about Feds grinding in Ker'rat but the fact is - that's what the mission and Ker'rat is about. If you want Fed's to actually play against you, all Feds - do something about it. Give us incentive to go against you, to actively seek and kill/fight you. As it is it's more profitable (and actualy more fun) to ignore Klinks leaving them for those Feds that are in Ker'rat for PvP only and do the mission.

WHY should we, Feds, engage KSO players? There is nothing to win there, nothing to lose if we ignore you. You scream for open PvP, want some big PvP map, but are unable to use what little we alread have. Compete with Feds for the borg tech in Ker'rat or stop whinning when Feds ignore you.

Few day ago I saw some lone BoP attacking Borg Repair Nodes. Klings (very) rarely do this and I assumed that some Kling is doing the mission and close to end it. CHAAARGE! Ok, that was not the best idea as I'm lame PvPer (lot to learn) but it was better then allowing Klinks win (Feds still had 3 Nodes to kill). I got blown up, but Feds won. Klinks who killed me were all about "ha, never attack Klink" untill I pointed that my attack took them time and allowed Feds to win. No comment after this.

That was fun. I died, but for cause and attacking this Klink had a lot of sense. If she (I think it was she) was just flying around seeking some Fed to kill I would have turned around and searched for some calmer place to play with Borg.
klinks have their own zone with identical rewards and farm there. nvak. non noobs know these thing. keep posting, more laughs at your expense
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlaffargue
Most of us veteran PVP peeps have been playing in Kerrat since day one. It has become our proverbial sandbox. Its also not just a mission based instance. It is in fact an open PvP warzone just like any other MMO. You can go in there to do the mission but you will be fighting more than just the borg. Its gonna get dirty. Keep your head down and bring extra socks. You dont want to get that trench foot
Yeah thatīs what I think too. Kerrat is War that means if you going inside you can and mostly will attack by the enemy. Thats for what it is. I like it how it is, only the bugs in there are annoying. I like the fights with the KDF guys the are mostly much fun. But everything good has some bad things. Kerrat has simply two problems for me. I think it will be better to separate the spawn points from KDF and FED. I donīt like it that all fire on each other one second after the round starts. Thats makes me feel not good. The other thing is some Players are not really friendly. FED and KDF have such players how kills you and then start posting "Lol noob you canīt play get some skill" and even worse. I donīt like such players. If he kills you itīs ok thats what Kerrat is for but there is no reason to insult the other player because of it. But there are enough player in Kerrat with makes so great Fights so for me Kerrat is a great PVP zone.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Wait, theres a mission in Ker'rat?
Jk
& I agree with you Neo, the poor sportsmanship on blatant display there totally torques my tail-rotor.
I Don't care who you are, acting like a jerk because you won a fight is the only thing worse than acting like a jerk because you lost.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-11-2012, 03:25 PM
because my warp drive is powered by the tears of the federation
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzyJablonski
No. This is not about overpowered KSO BoPs and spam consoles.

It's about what warzone is supposed to be, and what it is turned into by" hey, gank them, screw anything else" Klingons.

It's warzone. Two side have some mission and they are supposed to compete against each others for the objective. Right? Yeah, right. Then why Klingons are actually never, ever doing this. Even if there are 5 or 6 KSO players and 2 Feds Klingons are just running around trying to kill Feds and that's it. In all the time I played Ker'rat (not much, but still) I saw KSO side winning Ker'rat once. Maybe twice. On all levels not only VA.

Klinks are whinning about Feds grinding in Ker'rat but the fact is - that's what the mission and Ker'rat is about. If you want Fed's to actually play against you, all Feds - do something about it. Give us incentive to go against you, to actively seek and kill/fight you. As it is it's more profitable (and actualy more fun) to ignore Klinks leaving them for those Feds that are in Ker'rat for PvP only and do the mission.

WHY should we, Feds, engage KSO players? There is nothing to win there, nothing to lose if we ignore you. You scream for open PvP, want some big PvP map, but are unable to use what little we alread have. Compete with Feds for the borg tech in Ker'rat or stop whinning when Feds ignore you.

Few day ago I saw some lone BoP attacking Borg Repair Nodes. Klings (very) rarely do this and I assumed that some Kling is doing the mission and close to end it. CHAAARGE! Ok, that was not the best idea as I'm lame PvPer (lot to learn) but it was better then allowing Klinks win (Feds still had 3 Nodes to kill). I got blown up, but Feds won. Klinks who killed me were all about "ha, never attack Klink" untill I pointed that my attack took them time and allowed Feds to win. No comment after this.

That was fun. I died, but for cause and attacking this Klink had a lot of sense. If she (I think it was she) was just flying around seeking some Fed to kill I would have turned around and searched for some calmer place to play with Borg.
You are forgetting or maybe it your lack of knowledge about the Klingon side of game play, but we have “ It’s a good day to die ” mission were we must die 25 times. Also a kill 25 fed mission which I say is the funniest of them all to complete. I would love to know your statistical source you got your information from about just how many Klingons do the mission? Just want to make sure these bold claim come from a reliable source and not a QQ fed care bear’s opinion.

Anyone else notices these recent first time pvp posters the same complaints they all cry about the enemies keep up the good work Klingon’s you are doing a fine job.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-12-2012, 12:26 AM
i never had problems it is fun to go in and fight is all i do in there even on my fed! Only thing that kills it for me is when i get the ol console spam from the kdf kinda makes it boring when you cant do anything or see anything but green crap yawn...
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-12-2012, 02:45 AM
simple fix would be to make the mission actually be for the klingons to stop the feds. while the feds stay to scanning the stuff. that way the feds have to try to scan as a team while under fire and the klingons have to try to stop them.

simple and fun

because of this it'll probably never happen. can't have any "fun" in our sto now can we?
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-12-2012, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
simple fix would be to make the mission actually be for the klingons to stop the feds. while the feds stay to scanning the stuff. that way the feds have to try to scan as a team while under fire and the klingons have to try to stop them.

simple and fun

because of this it'll probably never happen. can't have any "fun" in our sto now can we?
I like this.
Make the zone reset every 15 minutes when the feds don't win. Give the loot that would normally drop for 1st 2nd & 3rd to the klingons with the most amount of kills.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-12-2012, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post

simple and fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
I like this.
Make the zone reset every 15 minutes when the feds don't win. Give the loot that would normally drop for 1st 2nd & 3rd to the klingons with the most amount of kills.
I like the idea and it would explain why we have N'vok (for our own Borg harvesting and the Feds trying to stop us there) and it would be fun, but without a fix being put in to keep the Borg from getting stuck in the graphics and becoming unkillable, more bugs in Ker'rat ,etc, etc - it would be a easy win for the KDF.
Also the ability to spawn camp would be even more exploitable as well the ability to fly to the edge of the map and avoid the respawn point, etc, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-12-2012, 11:36 AM
I don't know how it normally is, but it was Fedspam City in there last night, at least in the instance I was in. We had to wait until a Fed got separated from the main force (e.g. "Little Lost Lamb") and then pounce quick before they ran off or someone came to protect them. I got off a few kills on isolated Feds who got in over their heads with Borg, but generally, I don't like to uncloak in close proximity to Borg unless I'm with a group.

On the whole, Ker'rat was solidly Fed territory last evening from where I was standing.