Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
01-12-2012, 11:36 AM
The best is when klinks know i am in rat space and try their hardest to go into my zone. I then end up with a bop threesome

Its like they are so bored of carebears that they love to see me or something. It's ok, I will be weilding my BOP or Raptor very shortly on lvl 41 ( it doesnt take long to lvl a klink when you start at cmdr 20).
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathos1978
No. This is not about overpowered KSO BoPs and spam consoles.

It's about what warzone is supposed to be, and what it is turned into by" hey, gank them, screw anything else" Klingons.

It's warzone. Two side have some mission and they are supposed to compete against each others for the objective. Right? Yeah, right. Then why Klingons are actually never, ever doing this. Even if there are 5 or 6 KSO players and 2 Feds Klingons are just running around trying to kill Feds and that's it. In all the time I played Ker'rat (not much, but still) I saw KSO side winning Ker'rat once. Maybe twice. On all levels not only VA.

Klinks are whinning about Feds grinding in Ker'rat but the fact is - that's what the mission and Ker'rat is about. If you want Fed's to actually play against you, all Feds - do something about it. Give us incentive to go against you, to actively seek and kill/fight you. As it is it's more profitable (and actualy more fun) to ignore Klinks leaving them for those Feds that are in Ker'rat for PvP only and do the mission.

WHY should we, Feds, engage KSO players? There is nothing to win there, nothing to lose if we ignore you. You scream for open PvP, want some big PvP map, but are unable to use what little we alread have. Compete with Feds for the borg tech in Ker'rat or stop whinning when Feds ignore you.

Few day ago I saw some lone BoP attacking Borg Repair Nodes. Klings (very) rarely do this and I assumed that some Kling is doing the mission and close to end it. CHAAARGE! Ok, that was not the best idea as I'm lame PvPer (lot to learn) but it was better then allowing Klinks win (Feds still had 3 Nodes to kill). I got blown up, but Feds won. Klinks who killed me were all about "ha, never attack Klink" untill I pointed that my attack took them time and allowed Feds to win. No comment after this.

That was fun. I died, but for cause and attacking this Klink had a lot of sense. If she (I think it was she) was just flying around seeking some Fed to kill I would have turned around and searched for some calmer place to play with Borg.

Some Nights KDF got to get there Pew Pew Fix somewhere, i was Queued for 3 hours last night and got 2 pops. But yet there was 8 or 9 feds in my zone not doing the mission, they were just lookin for KDF to kill, for all that they could have just Queued up.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobiusMaximus View Post
because my warp drive is powered by the tears of the federation
Tears? Nah, losers stuff...we feds use instead blood of the killed klinguns!
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwrath
Tears? Nah, losers stuff...we feds use instead blood of the killed klinguns!
Is that why the feds always sit at the spawn point? no fuel?
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Yeah, we need to refuel...
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsimon22 View Post
Some Nights KDF got to get there Pew Pew Fix somewhere, i was Queued for 3 hours last night and got 2 pops. But yet there was 8 or 9 feds in my zone not doing the mission, they were just lookin for KDF to kill, for all that they could have just Queued up.
I think we must have been in the same instance, #7. That's pretty much what I saw.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-13-2012, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark_Kent View Post
I think we must have been in the same instance, #7. That's pretty much what I saw.
Its all I ever see......
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Well we're complaining because Klingons generally win all ship battles because their ships use cannons, which are ten or hundred times better than beams. And I suppose that's fine given that Kerrat is a "war zone" but Federation wouldn't be complaining so much if they weren't getting dominated so much by overpowered ships. Can Federation make OP ships? I can't even do anything with overload III. It's not even a contest. Klingons with cannons and tactics like sitting on your hull win every time. No doubt someone will say, "Okay well get a different ship", but why should I? That makes all cruiers and all Federation ships except those with cannons not even close to the effectiveness of Klingon ships. I can't even outfit damage prevention against those kinds of cannon ships because with 45 percent damage resistance, I still get destroyed in 2 seconds. Literally 2 seconds. I might as well not even have shields. When free to play opens, I guarantee that players in droves are going to complain about getting "ganked" unfairly by Klingon players. Klingons players who have sat around for months perfecting their cannon, insta-kill ships. Then those players will just go play something else. And the game will close. All because it isn't balanced. It gives Klingons an unfair advantage and doesnt even accurately portray Klingon ships in a battle against Federation ships.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-14-2012, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon760 View Post
Well we're complaining because Klingons generally win all ship battles because their ships use cannons, which are ten or hundred times better than beams. And I suppose that's fine given that Kerrat is a "war zone" but Federation wouldn't be complaining so much if they weren't getting dominated so much by overpowered ships. Can Federation make OP ships? I can't even do anything with overload III. It's not even a contest. Klingons with cannons and tactics like sitting on your hull win every time. No doubt someone will say, "Okay well get a different ship", but why should I? That makes all cruiers and all Federation ships except those with cannons not even close to the effectiveness of Klingon ships. I can't even outfit damage prevention against those kinds of cannon ships because with 45 percent damage resistance, I still get destroyed in 2 seconds. Literally 2 seconds. I might as well not even have shields. When free to play opens, I guarantee that players in droves are going to complain about getting "ganked" unfairly by Klingon players. Klingons players who have sat around for months perfecting their cannon, insta-kill ships. Then those players will just go play something else. And the game will close. All because it isn't balanced. It gives Klingons an unfair advantage and doesnt even accurately portray Klingon ships in a battle against Federation ships.
okay now i think your still okay, but dont understand the game yet. keep playing bro, klingons are way underpowered....

they have the best pilots. game. set. match.

please fly a fed sci ship or mvae....would ya?
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-14-2012, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon760 View Post
Hi, orion marauder captain here. I use what is essentially a Fed star cruiser with added pet spam. No cannons allowed. Just beams and a couple quantum torpedo launchers. What you have described is what I have learned to survive and overcome from the countless Defiant retrofits lurking about any FvK PvP scenario. Surviving anything short of, at minimum, three dual heavy cannon wielding enemies is perfectly doable, especially with a proper loadout of ship equipment and defensive bridge officer abilities, a working understanding of effective power distribution settings, good timing with snares such as eject warp plasma, tractor beam, or gravity well, and just good old fashioned determination.

And I'm not even that good. If I can pull off these tactics, trust me, anyone can.