Lt. Commander
# 1 Excelsior class for Commanders
01-11-2012, 05:31 AM
Hello there,

I've been playing since beta, lifetime subscriber, and still enjoying the game. I started a new character before Christmas, and have levelled up to commander. I think "Hey I love the Excelsior, and since I've already bought it, I can go use it."

I can't. I appear to have to purchase it again.

I ask simply, wtf? I already purchased it when it first went up on the C-store, it said at the time, for ALL characters (FED). I would like some explanation to this.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-11-2012, 05:42 AM
The C-Store has two Excelsiors, one for Rear Admirals (Excelsior Cruiser Retrofit) the other for Commanders (Advanced Heavy Cruiser) which comes with a transwarp console that boosts a warp core skill and provides a few transwarp options for cruisers..

My guess is you have the Rear Admiral Excelsior.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-11-2012, 06:58 AM
When you originally purchased the T5 Excelsior you didn't also get the T3 version. The T3 version was sold in the Shipyard for EC - that was the only way you could get it. The T5 purchase only entitled you to the T5 ship. With FTP the T3 version has been removed as an EC purchase and changed to a CP purchase - but now comes with a Console as Dane_Strife described above.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-11-2012, 07:09 AM
Does the T3 Excelsior come with a skill tree for "smug" and does the transwarp drive occasionally just not work?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-11-2012, 07:24 AM
Ah, well that explains it all then, thanks for clearing that up, hadn't been on in a while.

Still, well worth the 800 for that little transwarp console.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-11-2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelchall
Does the T3 Excelsior come with a skill tree for "smug" and does the transwarp drive occasionally just not work?
I have been a victem of a transwarp 'failure' while in the Sol system... I've only had it once, so it must be a very very rare event, as I've not encountered it since...