Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 PVP rewards
01-20-2012, 08:02 AM
Hoping the dev's will take a look at this. Here are my thoughts, i pvp regularly and love the player vs player aspect of the game "only reason why im here" I just find it disheartening that the only reward i get after a few hours of PVP is 1440 dilithium while others doing stf will get close to 10,000 dilithium and many good borg parts required for Borg type gear. Cryptic will you ever consider rewarding PVPer for what they love doing in this game.

Thank you for your time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-20-2012, 09:03 AM
If you could get the Borg sets from PvP , not so many people would bother with the STFs and Cryptic does not want that.

You can make a lot of dilithiums from PvP

Go to kerrat , go into instance , stay there* do the mission and que into PvP ques you'll make a shed load as the instance is completed every 15 mins or so and you'll get your PvP pops as well.

*Not forever like Star Dagger, go to bed sometimes and stop to eat stuff too sometimes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-20-2012, 11:11 AM
What I hope they do once this fabled PVP content arrives is give us a couple of PVP sets, probably one each for Fed and Klingon, and two usable by both factions. We could earn them by PVPing, and have different sets and combinations for different play styles. I would love to see a set that enhances sci abilities, one that gives team bonuses for cruisers, and a DPS buff for escorts/bops.

Mixing and matching those would be fun and add a whole new dimension to PVP play. I'm tired of seeing 3/4 borg with MACO shield all over the place. Maybe something thrown in to make it less useful for PVE play, so non-pvpers won't feel left out of the best stuff.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-20-2012, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenanter
If you could get the Borg sets from PvP , not so many people would bother with the STFs and Cryptic does not want that.

You can make a lot of dilithiums from PvP

Go to kerrat , go into instance , stay there* do the mission and que into PvP ques you'll make a shed load as the instance is completed every 15 mins or so and you'll get your PvP pops as well.

*Not forever like Star Dagger, go to bed sometimes and stop to eat stuff too sometimes.
Need to complete 3x kerrat every 3 days how will this help ? And kerrat can be quite borring.

@nick_riker ad love to see some PVP sets
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-20-2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Riker
What I hope they do once this fabled PVP content arrives is give us a couple of PVP sets, probably one each for Fed and Klingon, and two usable by both factions. We could earn them by PVPing, and have different sets and combinations for different play styles. I would love to see a set that enhances sci abilities, one that gives team bonuses for cruisers, and a DPS buff for escorts/bops.

Mixing and matching those would be fun and add a whole new dimension to PVP play. I'm tired of seeing 3/4 borg with MACO shield all over the place. Maybe something thrown in to make it less useful for PVE play, so non-pvpers won't feel left out of the best stuff.
3/4 Borg + MACO shield is pretty much the best you can get right now, and gives you a huge advantage over others (without it) in PvP... but, for some reason, it's earned via PvE. The same PvE and "Elite" STFs where I excelled using white Mk V gear.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
3/4 Borg + MACO shield is pretty much the best you can get right now, and gives you a huge advantage over others (without it) in PvP... but, for some reason, it's earned via PvE. The same PvE and "Elite" STFs where I excelled using white Mk V gear.
Thing is, you an expect your opponent to have it. I would love to see different combinations available, so you have to actually figure out what they're using and how to counter it. My MVAE and a Sovereign dueled yesterday with the same 3/4 borg and maco shield. After 30 minutes without a single kill, we called a truce.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-20-2012, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Riker
Thing is, you an expect your opponent to have it. I would love to see different combinations available, so you have to actually figure out what they're using and how to counter it. My MVAE and a Sovereign dueled yesterday with the same 3/4 borg and maco shield. After 30 minutes without a single kill, we called a truce.
Oh, I fully agree.

Before these sets came out, everyone was running Covariant or Resilient shields. After the sets, it was 3/4 Borg with a few running full Aegis. Now it's 3/4 Borg + MACO shield.

You can pretty guess what you're gear your opponent has 8/10 times. No decent PvPer is going to turn down 3/4 Borg + MACO/KHG shield, purely because that combination is so beyond any of the other combinations out there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-20-2012, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Oh, I fully agree.

Before these sets came out, everyone was running Covariant or Resilient shields. After the sets, it was 3/4 Borg with a few running full Aegis. Now it's 3/4 Borg + MACO shield.

You can pretty guess what you're gear your opponent has 8/10 times. No decent PvPer is going to turn down 3/4 Borg + MACO/KHG shield, purely because that combination is so beyond any of the other combinations out there.
It's pretty much the same with weapons though. When was the last time you went into a PvE or PvP match and see anything but phaser/disroptur/AP at level cap?

The lack of diversity in the game is mind boggling. Why bother with adding in choice but making it a linear choice that all the other options can't compete with.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-20-2012, 09:16 PM
Remember my concern is about pvp rewards :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-21-2012, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post
It's pretty much the same with weapons though. When was the last time you went into a PvE or PvP match and see anything but phaser/disroptur/AP at level cap?

The lack of diversity in the game is mind boggling. Why bother with adding in choice but making it a linear choice that all the other options can't compete with.
It's gotten better since the skill change I myself run with Polarons and Tetryons and only still use Phasers on one ship. But you are correct - there is very little reason to use anything but Pha/Dis/AP. There's even less reason now (if that's even possible) to run Plasma since most people are shifting towards MACO shields which have an inherent 30% resist to Plasma (20% Pla resist + 10% all energy resist).
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:50 PM.