Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Leaver penalty (again)
01-11-2012, 08:35 AM
I'm not a STO coder but giving out penalties on elite Infected ground when there's only 3 people left is quite insane.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-14-2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
I'm not a STO coder but giving out penalties on elite Infected ground when there's only 3 people left is quite insane.
did you bug this?

Also, did you actually get the penalty or just the dialog popup?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-15-2012, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbert View Post
did you bug this?

Also, did you actually get the penalty or just the dialog popup?
I got the penalty. No STFs for an hour.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-15-2012, 11:11 PM
I consider this being part of what elite is meant to be. I don't see this as a bug.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Its there for a reason.

There wasn't one for awhile during tribble testing, and people would leave if they didn't like the group or thought things were going to slow, and they wouldn't communicate with the group at all to help things go smoother. It was far worse.

And you can always switch to another character or do something else entirely for an hour.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-16-2012, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weststar.name
I consider this being part of what elite is meant to be. I don't see this as a bug.
You go ahead and PUG Infected ELITE with 3 people. I dare you. Better pray you have at least an engineer in the team.

... some people.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-16-2012, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
You go ahead and PUG Infected ELITE with 3 people. I dare you. Better pray you have at least an engineer in the team.
I have already. So what? I don't see why you're making this into some sort of drama.


Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
... some people.
Indeed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-16-2012, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weststar.name
I have already. So what? I don't see why you're making this into some sort of drama.
Maybe if you stopped excusing ridiculous decisions there wouldn't be any? You don't even get the penalty with 3 people on normal. Why should you get one on elite?

Besides I seriously doubt you PUGGED Infected elite with 3 people and no engineers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-16-2012, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
Maybe if you stopped excusing ridiculous decisions there wouldn't be any?
You're still failing to make your point. Make your point damn it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
You don't even get the penalty with 3 people on normal. Why should you get one on elite?
You could have simplified your question to: "Why is it harder on hard mode?"

To answer your question. Elite is a harder version of the same game, some people enjoy having a more challenging game where there are more risks and penalties are involved.


Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
Besides I seriously doubt you PUGGED Infected elite with 3 people and no engineers.
Nope, because my regular toon is an engineer.

But even so, so what? I have lost plenty of times, never made me cry foul here. I don't see the penalty as unfair. It's part of doing elite.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-17-2012, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weststar.name
You could have simplified your question to: "Why is it harder on hard mode?"
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3069/3...f412af45c9.jpg
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:09 AM.