Lt. Commander
# 1 First Officer/Department Heads
01-11-2012, 10:38 AM
Although these are a part of the DOff system currently for recommendations only. I was wondering if Crytpic could consider tieing these into the stations on the bridge. Using a Galaxy style bridge for example, my First Officer still sits at the particular station that BO has always sat at (expect with the cloning bug). Even if it can't be tied into the DOff Department Head side of things, I would really like to assign my BO's to particoular seats on my bridges.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Yeah, people have been asking for this since beta. It's something that should be implemented but hasn't been yet for whatever reason.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Every since the bridges were put in-game, I have wanted the ability to place whatever BO I choose at what station I choose. Clearing the bridge of all BO's for the RP'ers would definitely be a feature I think would go over well also. Hopefully reviving this want with the influx of new people and income will net is something soon.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-16-2012, 09:32 AM
Agreed, I'd like to be able to put my Bridge Officers wherever I want to. But what they should also do is make it so you can set a course from the Captain's chair. Either to a star system or to another sector block. It would make the bridge more useful and they'd get more use.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-16-2012, 10:06 AM
Didn't Heretic already speak to this in another thread? Oh damn my poor memeory at knowing which one...
but basically the first draft idea was that the First Officer or Department head would bring another Captain like power to the players disposal ingame.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Didn't Heretic already speak to this in another thread? Oh damn my poor memeory at knowing which one...
but basically the first draft idea was that the First Officer or Department head would bring another Captain like power to the players disposal ingame.
I vaguely remember reading something like that. Where is it? If it's the power of recommendation, it's broken. :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
I vaguely remember reading something like that. Where is it? If it's the power of recommendation, it's broken. :p
Nope, not that power. Its was post in a thread hinting at the possible impact of having a first officer or a department head as far as what BOff like abilities they would bring to play.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-24-2012, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I think he said that was one of a number of options being considered. i don;t think he actually said that was what they ARE goign to do; just one of the more popular options under consideration.

That said, I can;t rmember where I read it eitehr so could be talking poop!
Lt. Commander
# 9 Please Cryptic!
01-28-2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Restless.Kaiser
I think he said that was one of a number of options being considered. i don;t think he actually said that was what they ARE goign to do; just one of the more popular options under consideration.

That said, I can;t rmember where I read it eitehr so could be talking poop!
Wasn't there also mention of a whole seperate First Officer/Department Head System. Mind you, I think that this was said before the Doff System came out, so it's possible that what I'm thinking about is actually the DH tab on in the Doff System itself. But wouldn't it be cool to have access to the whole Roster of your ship (Senior/Junior Officers) that you could work with because I have Officers that I have thought about that aren't DHs and would love to actually specify what department they are in. But I've noticed that, walking around my ship, the Department heads for Engineering and Medical are on my Bridge! We choose the department they head, but we can't make them go to the department on the ship!! What's with that??
Lt. Commander
# 10 Here's a thought?
02-22-2012, 11:53 AM
I think it would flow much easier if Cryptic set it up in the following manner.

First their should be one main crew managment tab for crew assignments. On this tab there should be a section for ship board positions which i will refer to as seats which should be for senior BOFFS. Then there should be a section for away teams consisting of your main character and 4 seats. These 4 seats should be universal positions thus assignable to any typy of officer or rank. Lastly there should be asection for junior deptartment heads.

I really believe that they should make it so the highest rank attainable for a players toon is capt. Leave higher ranks such as admirals for in game NPC's .

Anyhows it should be structured like this;

Shipboard seatsSenior officers
Capt Main toon
Exec Officer (Commander rank)
Doc (Ships chief medical officer such as a McCoy or Crusher (in the sickbay)
Tac Officer Lt Comm
Sci Officer Lt Comm
Eng Officer Lt Comm
Lt (universal) extra BOFF positions depending on ship set up and level
Lt (universal) extra BOFF positions depending on ship set up and level

Away team
Main toon
Sci Officer/Med Officer
Eng Officer
Tac Officer
Tac Officer
these positions should be a mixture of any rank from Chief to Commander

Department Heads (all Lt or Chief ranks)
Security
Science
Engineering
Medical
Ops
Transporter officer ( I always want to to be able to assign a specific officer for the transporter room that you would see whenever you beamed aboard or off your ship for missions)

I feel this should be the set up for crew assignments.

Lastley each position/seat should be lockable and unlockable

Just my thoughts