Lt. Commander
# 11
01-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
Bump because this is an important issue that all STO forum users need to discuss and see.
Did you just bump a thread that was already up front and active?
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Personally I would be fine with one FE every quarter(aka 4 a year) as long as we get some good repeatable content in between(more types of dailies, better PvP, etc).
Agreed. I wrote here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
If in 2012 Cryptic can deliver at least five feature episode series, a massive Klingon update that makes them a full faction that is completable through at least 90% episodic content, does a crafting revamp, allow for fleet starbases, gives a *lot* of love to PvP in terms of new maps and gameplay types, as well as add a sandbox-eque territorial control, and begin to expand the galaxy map by adding locations in the Gamma Quadrant and fan favorites like Betazed and Ferenginar, then Star Trek will live long and prosper for quite awhile. Extra bonus points if you can announce Romulan faction for early 2013.

Perfect World should have invested the money and staff needed at this point to make all the above possible. Cryptic, if you do the above then the forums will be singing your praises and you will see a thriving userbase that is happy to *reward* you with our money, rather than feel nickel and dimed.
At this point, I could live with 4 FEs for as long as we're getting at least two seasons a year.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-11-2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Did you just bump a thread that was already up front and active?
Q possessed me for just a few minutes after which I regained consciousness and was able to edit out what he made me do. Comedy aside, I made a mistake. Sorry about that. Didn't mean to be a sir spamalot.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-11-2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
Q possessed me for just a few minutes after which I regained consciousness and was able to edit out what he made me do.
Great idea... Blame StormShade... He will be happy about that XD

Anyways... on topic... PROVIDED cryptic might end up expanding KDF with say... 15 new missions, and Fleet content + perhaps more PvP modes, they can postpone the "disaster" (nothing so dramatic, but it sounds cool)...

But eventually they HAVE to start pumping out a ton of new missions. ALOT of people are here ONLY because of missions... and I am somewhat confident that they are the majority.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-11-2012, 12:57 PM
I think 1 - 2 months is sufficiant for an industry professional to be able to churn out new content in house. For FEs on the scale of the Romulan story arch, I could see waiting 3 or 4 months, on the outside. It's time for them to get off their duffs and earn the easy money from the last 2 years.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
I think 1 - 2 months is sufficiant for an industry professional to be able to churn out new content in house. For FEs on the scale of the Romulan story arch, I could see waiting 3 or 4 months, on the outside. It's time for them to get off their duffs and earn the easy money from the last 2 years.
Well... Some of our more talented PLAYERS are able to produce higher quality missions, WITHOUT the ability to drop in new assets or even scripted events or rewards can create missions in a week or two, while maintaining school and dayjobs, perhaps even family...

Cryptic should be able to do ALOT better.

Dispite what people think, it dosen't take a entire team of developers to create a new mission. only if they insist on creating new sets, new items and new aliens every time, but they really don't... If the players can, so can they.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-11-2012, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Well... Some of our more talented PLAYERS are able to produce higher quality missions, WITHOUT the ability to drop in new assets or even scripted events or rewards can create missions in a week or two, while maintaining school and dayjobs, perhaps even family...

Cryptic should be able to do ALOT better.

Dispite what people think, it dosen't take a entire team of developers to create a new mission. only if they insist on creating new sets, new items and new aliens every time, but they really don't... If the players can, so can they.
True. I was trying to be a bit more generous with time tables. I can't disagree with any of your points.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Giving they don't have to put in new content every FE Series, they should be good pumping out every 1-2 months. Not every FE needs new maps, new assets, etc; just more story (dialog) and perhaps cut scenes.

I think if they did 2-3 high quality (new assets) FE Series a year and filled the rest of the year with more story based, low quality (few to no new assets) FE Series (or individual episodes) that they would satisfy most of the player base.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
Giving they don't have to put in new content every FE Series, they should be good pumping out every 1-2 months. Not every FE needs new maps, new assets, etc; just more story (dialog) and perhaps cut scenes.

I think if they did 2-3 high quality (new assets) FE Series a year and filled the rest of the year with more story based, low quality (few to no new assets) FE Series (or individual episodes) that they would satisfy most of the player base.
THIS exactly...

For rewards: how about 1000 Dilithium and 24 hour cooldown (new missions and possible dailies), rather than new gimmicks.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-11-2012, 01:53 PM
There's quite a few "cliffhangers" that Cryptic hasn't bothered to address in lieu of new toys that we don't REALLY need. The Iconians, the Hur'q/Fek'lhri connection, and whatever happened to the Tholians and "Children of Khan?" These would make for GREAT FE's and even great regular story missions. And as said earlier, some new dailies would be nice. Especially for the Klinks (the Pi Canis Sorties are fun and all, but there's only two of them and it gets boring when they're the only thing you can do to grind to that next level while the Feds are all off having fun with their far more numerous patrol missions).

Duty Officers are cool and I'll admit the slew of new C-Store ships are pretty, but we desperately need stuff to DO with all these shiny new toys.

EDIT: One of the things I like about FEs are actually the new assets and shiny new rewards (I'll guiltily admit ), so I'd settle for one-per-quarter if that would allow for a balance to be struck...