Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
01-11-2012, 02:00 PM
more than a month but slightly less than 2

i know on champs they said one of their FE takes two weeks and i think its similar here. so i would expect 10 weeks in total with a couple of week of wiggle room and taking into consideration problems, holidays etc. so 3 months to make. keeping in mind that they can make them while a series is going on so i would expect maybe 5-7 weeks gap between a series.

that should give us 4 series a year fairly comfortably but that really is going off past experience and without knowing what they plan to do with the klingons. if klingons are getting any number of episodes this year that are FE quality then its hard to know if 2-3 is good or bad.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
01-11-2012, 02:02 PM
I'm missing a "Whatever time it takes to make them all awesome"-poll option. Therefore, no vote from me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
01-11-2012, 02:02 PM
I see a Cryptic employee voted....care to guess which vote is the Cryptic vote???
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
01-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Is "realistic" the right word? I mean, how many of you really know what it takes to make one of these? How can any of you claim to know what's a realistic timeframe?

C'mon Nagus. You know better than this.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
01-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
There are obviously lots of opinions on this topic, so lets put them into an easy to read poll:

What is a realistic length of time between FE series?

After you vote feel free to share your thoughts.
I had to vote 6 months, since your poll didn't include the actual answer of 1-2 years.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
01-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
Is "realistic" the right word? I mean, how many of you really know what it takes to make one of these? How can any of you claim to know what's a realistic timeframe?

C'mon Nagus. You know better than this.
People who've developed content on the Foundry probably have a decent enough idea of what it takes to create these kinds of missions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
01-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
People who've developed content on the Foundry probably have a decent enough idea of what it takes to create these kinds of missions.
No they don't. They don't have to craft meshes for new locations or new items, code cutscenes, balance new items or powers, run anything past CBS...

What they do know how to do is utilize the hell out of a dumbed-down set of dev tools. Which isn't to devalue the missions, I'm sure there are masterpieces out there. I'm just saying, they have no idea what goes into a Featured Series episode.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
01-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
No they don't. They don't have to craft meshes for new locations or new items, code cutscenes, balance new items or powers, run anything past CBS...
None of those things are needed to make a Featured Episode except maybe running stuff past CBS.

You do not need to craft a mesh for a new location to make a compelling Featured Episode.

I will say this, good Foundry authors can crank quality missions out in days.

Cryptic put out 5 missions last year.

last ... YEAR.

That's sad.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
01-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Getting things past CBS may not be as time consuming either. Writers can continue to write out the story line for the next FE Series while the current one is running. This gives them plenty of time for approval to get the story/concept/ideas approved.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
01-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
None of those things are needed to make a Featured Episode except maybe running stuff past CBS.

You do not need to craft a mesh for a new location to make a compelling Featured Episode.

I will say this, good Foundry authors can crank quality missions out in days.

Cryptic put out 5 missions last year.

last ... YEAR.

That's sad.
Don't need new meshes, sure. But that isn't how they're doing it. They're doing it like they've done all the others. New maps, new cutscenes, bells and whistles, the whole nine yards. You want to guess a realistic timeframe? You have to account for all that. Because that is what's realistic.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:05 AM.