Lt. Commander
# 51
01-12-2012, 02:06 AM
I voted 3-4 months, but maybe it's just because my expectations for Cryptic have been lowered so far. I think that 2 months should be enough to make an FE, but I don't think we can get them that fast with this team.
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-12-2012, 02:52 AM
Voted 1-2 months ... because ... well ... it already was realistic ... lenght of time between Breen FE and Devidian FE was about 2 or 3 weeks ... but this option is missing ...
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-12-2012, 05:35 AM
What we need is the daily menial tasks that starships are assigned inbetween the big episodes that happen in STO.

Which begs the question from me, can the Devs implement a series of simple, relatively quick and random missions that can pop up in sector space as one travels around the STO map?

Things like researching Gaseuos anamoly, Respond to distress Signal, Mediate Peace talks between lesser species and a whole slew of missions similiar to what I see in the DOff line-up of missions.
Those sometimes monotoniuos assingments that are not the shining FE's or main storyline missions but fall into the daily tasks asked of a starship captain and his crew.
SHort 15 minute side quests to keep us busy and occupied while awaiting the next big FE or main story mission to come down the pipe.
If a player can make a short and simple foundry mission ina matter of an hour or two, I do not see why the Devs can produce such fluff but fun missions at a faster pace- and if they can't due to time restrainst then hire some inventive players to do so for them for ingame incentives.
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-12-2012, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
What we need is the daily menial tasks that starships are assigned inbetween the big episodes that happen in STO.

Which begs the question from me, can the Devs implement a series of simple, relatively quick and random missions that can pop up in sector space as one travels around the STO map?

Things like researching Gaseuos anamoly, Respond to distress Signal, Mediate Peace talks between lesser species and a whole slew of missions similiar to what I see in the DOff line-up of missions.
Those sometimes monotoniuos assingments that are not the shining FE's or main storyline missions but fall into the daily tasks asked of a starship captain and his crew.
SHort 15 minute side quests to keep us busy and occupied while awaiting the next big FE or main story mission to come down the pipe.
If a player can make a short and simple foundry mission ina matter of an hour or two, I do not see why the Devs can produce such fluff but fun missions at a faster pace- and if they can't due to time restrainst then hire some inventive players to do so for them for ingame incentives.
I'd support this really only if the menial tasks are all based on overused stock Star Trek plots.

For example, a daily transporter or holodeck malfunction. Daily spatial anomaly. Daily "crew goes insane."
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-12-2012, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post

I suggested this 18 months ago, with one caveat, you could not just decline the mission.

You may have seen Picard or Sisko do this once but only when said orders violated Starfleet and even then, the admiral issuing the order was arrested at some point.
Lt. Commander
# 56
01-12-2012, 06:10 AM
As Featured Episodes would be the only reason I'd log in to play.. I chose 1-2 months. I think that having a minimum of 2 FEs (at least) per year is ridiculous. With that being said, I suppose there's only so much they can do with a handful of people working at Cryptic. It's such a shame.. I'd love to see the story of the game progress a bit.

It would also be nice if they ever fixed my character.. been a week now since I lost everything and they still haven't fixed it.
Lt. Commander
# 57
01-12-2012, 11:47 AM
1 Episode each month, 12 over a year, 6 episodes per series. The key is spacing it out, you simply can't have 4/5 months of down time between each series. If we get lucky then maybe the could make the series final a double show over the sat/sun and increase the total to 14 a year.

I think that's a reasonable length of time to get an episode out, they have had more then enough time to gear up the team toward this goal.
Lt. Commander
# 58
01-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
So you'd be fine with only one FE between the Dominion one and one that would start on December 1st. You're only off from D'Angelo's estimate of 13 by 1 mission. 14 by your count, 13 by his.
Pretty sure that's what I said, yes.
Lt. Commander
# 59
01-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Personally I would be fine with one FE every quarter(aka 4 a year) as long as we get some good repeatable content in between(more types of dailies, better PvP, etc).
I can agree to this.
Lt. Commander
# 60
01-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
I can agree to this.
Yea... I agree.