Lt. Commander
# 31
01-12-2012, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
As I posted over on CO:

I'm cleaning up Bajor . . . no, not the Cardassian way.
Just to clarify; next to Bajor is DS9 getting a bit of a tuning also?
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-12-2012, 05:30 AM
Really wish DS9 could be scaled down abit, it just feels so wrong being so large.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-12-2012, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danomite2k4 View Post
Really wish DS9 could be scaled down abit, it just feels so wrong being so large.
It feels more empty to me then anything else. There are no shops like in the DS9 show, and the station feels small also. Should be a lot bigger when it comes to extra rooms and decks etc.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-12-2012, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meynolt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
I haven't done anything to DS9 yet, and the most I've heard is some lighting and performance tweaks to the Promenade. No huge rework as far as I'm aware.
I think this is mostly a "wishful thinking" thread. Since it's getting Tumerboy's attention, I'm hoping at least some of these ideas make it onto some long-range list of plans.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-12-2012, 05:54 AM
I don't know the original source of this map, but it seems pretty accurate to what I remember from the series.

Edit: If you ignore the shop names, I mean. I don't recall there ever being a Cardassian Embassy, though I could be wrong.

Second Edit: It's from the DS9 Technical Manual.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-12-2012, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-El
A note of caution on these ones: it looks like they are fairly early plans, as the actual sets had the holding cells connected to the Security Office instead of separate on the Promenade, and there was no transporter room on the Promenade (the only DS9 transporter pads I can recall ever seeing are the ones in Ops).
well those are the STAGE plans, it does not mean that they filmed it that way.

the Budweiser plant where they filmed Engineering in the last movie isn't anywhere near where they filmed the Bridge, yet Spock walked from one room into the turbolift into the other without a single cut ;P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meynolt View Post
uhm... no... he talk about the next Feautred Series wich will introduce a GROUND (social?) zone on Bajor.
We've seen the Map teased in STOked 100
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-12-2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptBANG View Post
well those are the STAGE plans, it does not mean that they filmed it that way.

the Budweiser plant where they filmed Engineering in the last movie isn't anywhere near where they filmed the Bridge, yet Spock walked from one room into the turbolift into the other without a single cut ;P
You speak the truth; however, the Promenade set was pretty much laid out with the major set pieces in their proper locations. I just wanted to (try to) clear up any confusion.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexy
DS9 was always a bit on in how the location was depicted. Despite the move away from Bajor, as I recall the distance they gave should have Bajor itself still fairly visible, but you never saw it from the station after the first episode, probably a budget thing. But the systems sun should be visible as well. Honestly, I'd be pretty thrilled if we canned the brown space and put in black space with the purple nebula as shown in the opening sequence.
In "Emissary", O'Brien talked about moving the station 160,000,000 kilometers towards the wormhole. That's almost 9 light minutes away (a bit over 1 Astronomical Unit). Bajor would be only be a pinpoint in space at that distance. It would have similar appearance are the as Mars and Venus are from Earth perhaps a bit smaller and less bright.

This is the Okuagram of the Bajor System. According to Memory Alpha Bajor is the largest planet in the system. So Bajor would that large 4th most outer planet. That large white band around the star would be the Denorious (Plasma) Belt the wormhole is located in. And eyeballing using that chart it looks like DS9 is about 1.9 AU from the star. And Bajor would be 2.88 AU from the star. Bajor VIII was an inhabited planet with colonies putting it in the habitable zone. That would make the star fairly hot and large perhaps an F-class star. So the star would be very visible from DS9.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-12-2012, 12:25 PM
I may be confusing the novelization of "Emissary" with the actual episode, but the Bajoran wormhole is in orbit of Bajor, don't recall how far away they said it was. If there is highly directional lighting as from an external source used in rendering the station, the Bajoran "Sun" should also be visible in the appropriate direction in the scene.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-12-2012, 03:40 PM
No Terok Nor aka DS-9 was in orbit around the planet Bajor. After Dax appear back in Ops in DS9, Kira and O'Brien learned about the Wormhole. Kira was dead set on staking Bajor's claim to the wormhole. Kira came up with the idea to move the station into the vicinity of the wormhole enterance. O'Brien said the station only had 6 working thrusters for movement. He said the trip of 160,000 kilometers would take two months. So from that was know the wormhole was a hair over 1 AU away from the station.

O'Brien or Dax (it's been too long since I've watch that episode) came up with the idea of using a warp bubble (to reduce the station's initial mass, and then the station's thrusts would be powerful enough to move the station next to the wormhole.

And in astronomy terms a belt in regards to a star generally refers to a region (a disc or volume) around the star. Like the Asteroid Belt between Mars and Jupiter. and the Kupier Belt (volume of space beyond Neptune) which holds remnants of the early Solar System. So we can infer the Denorious Belt is a toroid region around the Bajoran sun. It's either 1 AU inwards ob Bajor towards the tar. Or 1 AU outwards from Bajor. More then likely the Denorious Belt would be in the same general orbit plan of the planets of the Bajor system.