Lt. Commander
# 1 2 years passed...
01-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Hello fellow captains...

I have but a small but very important question.
It derives from the suggestion that was givem me at launch and launch + 6 months that I should ask this question again in a few years time.

It is based on the fact that Klingon was treated very poorly in the start, they could only level with PvP and had hardly and PvE content. It also based upon the fact that there was in aproximately 4 fed ships to each klingon.

So my question is this... has it changed? has there become any justice towards Klingons? Do we now get equal treatment as the fed or is this game still called among klingon circuits for "Federation Online"?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Well its better than it was at launch. But its still a long way to go.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2012, 11:10 AM
You can level from start to LG on story content with a gap of about 5 levels at BG/MG if I remember correctly.
To achieve this though, KDF toons start at commander rank and all the missions give 5 oir 6 times as much experience I think.

We have more ship options, but a good 50% or more of them are c-store ships not obtainable ingame (unless you count the dilithium-cpoint exchange)

I wasn't here at launch, so I can't compare, but it's still a long way behind the federation, IMHO.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Yes and No.
Tings have changed and we have gotten some fleshing out since release but we still lack a full factional gameplay.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2012, 01:06 PM
I think the fact that the Devs now acknowledge the fact that Klingons "should" have the same PvE opportunities to level up that the Federation has is the biggest change.

For a long time, they completely disputed that notion.

Only with realization can come actual change.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-12-2012, 03:31 PM
Yes.. Things have changed a great deal..

The most important change is Cryptic came under new ownership, and the new owners in a press releases specificly stated that the Klingon Faction in the game wooould be fully developed. My understanding is that Perfect World is mostly hands off on Cryptic, but that right was THE very serious shot across the bow from the new owners. As we all know the ramifications of making "The Owner" (much less the boss) out to be publicly a liar are severe in the extreme. Perhapes even more so with a China based corporation looking to gain a bigger presence in the western game market. It gave me hope at the time that we would finally see some real progress on KDF Content.

The Changes:
. Ships, lots and lots of SHIPS. Nausican, Orion, Gorn, and even a few Klingon. For the most part what are deemed "+1" ships. Just a tad better then thier same tier counterparts and unnually with some wort of special console or weapon added. ALl plus one shipss may have a improved Brridge offcier set up and an additional console slot.
...........The down side. They're all C-Stoore ships. Nothing was added to the base line up of ships, though certain C-Store ships MAAY be purchased with the free ship token on achiving Lt.General (rank 50) so choose carfully!

First City remastered, and the KDF Academy added....Now the KDF Academy ground remind me more of the U.S.M.C.'s Camp Lejune then a place where the KDF trains it's officers, but maybe that will change.
Personally I think they should have put it in a space station or they could have even recycled the original First City.

Player now unlock KDF content after reaching I think level 25 on the Fed side (I'm not sure personally.. I won't mind if some one corrects me..) And KDF Players start at commander in a tier 3 BOP. There is a tutorial but its more to help new KDF players learn thier way around first city then anything else. The reward for it all is it'll bump you 2 levels and flesh out your Bridge officers roster by the time you are done.
Levelling is abbreviated and fast. a Player that knows the game and the faction's content can bang a toon up to the level cap in 8 to 12 hours of play. F2P players will take longer I'm afraid because they are going to have some rather nasty limitations on them for the number of BOFF's in thier roster, and they are not going to be familiar with KDF content. I hope most of em have some reasonable social graces so they get picked up by existing KDF fleets aare they are not going to enjoy them selves very much.

We have had no new KDF specific mission content since season 2.5 and season 3 path of the warrior missions.

The OFFICIAL promise is all the missing stuff happens this year starting this summer in the 3rd quarter forward. And this time Cryptic really absolutly must deliver.. And for a change its not a pie in the sky sort of time table and Cryptic may start banging out KDF mission content even sooner. I'm pretty sure some folks jobs and reputations are on the line over it. I know if I were the PWE President of US Operations
after the press release statement that was made I would make if very clear "It Will Be Done Or People Will Be Finding New Jobs Elsewhere". D'Angelo has set the time table and unlike Cryptic under D.Stahl's executive producership Mr. D'Angelo it a type that err's toward caution and a conservative very doable time table. Dev Blog 11 it in reality the absolute MINIMUM that wil be done.

We may see more then that in 2012, But Mr. D'Angelo refuse to stick his neck out that far, and absolutly does not want to commit the Dev team to more then thay can produce. In military planning parlence I would call Dev post 11 Mr. D'angelo and Cryptic GTH option plan. (( the "Go To Hell" plan which assumes anything and everything that can go wrong will and is therefore a statement of minimum objectives that most certainly ARE achievable))

So I personally expect to see this year what we have been waiting 2 years to see. And the sooner they can start adding KDF Content and get the process started on a revamp the better both for the KDF Faction and the game. WHo KNows, maybe just maybe by last quaarter of 2012 thay could even start work on a majoor revamp of the PvP system and give us the wargame style PvP we've been asking for since day one.

So yea, maybe just maybe this will be the Klingon Summer of Love.

May the enemies you defeat grant you great satisfaction and Honor..

Khemaraa sends
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-12-2012, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post

The OFFICIAL promise is all the missing stuff happens this year starting this summer in the 3rd quarter forward. And this time Cryptic really absolutly must deliver.. And for a change its not a pie in the sky sort of time table and Cryptic may start banging out KDF mission content even sooner. I'm pretty sure some folks jobs and reputations are on the line over it. I know if I were the PWE President of US Operations
after the press release statement that was made I would make if very clear "It Will Be Done Or People Will Be Finding New Jobs Elsewhere". D'Angelo has set the time table and unlike Cryptic under D.Stahl's executive producership Mr. D'Angelo it a type that err's toward caution and a conservative very doable time table. Dev Blog 11 it in reality the absolute MINIMUM that wil be done.

We may see more then that in 2012, But Mr. D'Angelo refuse to stick his neck out that far, and absolutly does not want to commit the Dev team to more then thay can produce. In military planning parlence I would call Dev post 11 Mr. D'angelo and Cryptic GTH option plan. (( the "Go To Hell" plan which assumes anything and everything that can go wrong will and is therefore a statement of minimum objectives that most certainly ARE achievable))

So I personally expect to see this year what we have been waiting 2 years to see. And the sooner they can start adding KDF Content and get the process started on a revamp the better both for the KDF Faction and the game. WHo KNows, maybe just maybe by last quaarter of 2012 thay could even start work on a majoor revamp of the PvP system and give us the wargame style PvP we've been asking for since day one.

So yea, maybe just maybe this will be the Klingon Summer of Love.

May the enemies you defeat grant you great satisfaction and Honor..

Khemaraa sends
I'm sorry but I need to ask: where did you get this official info from?

What I've got is basically "something might happen" and nothing else:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/new...eply&p=3931099

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdangelo View Post
The Klingon faction work is definitely on 2012's list, but I can't promise any date or details at this time. Once I have a more confident dev schedule, I'll share what I know. I don't want to share anything until I have an actual dev schedule that makes it very likely to happen.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-13-2012, 01:18 AM
Indeed. There have only been the typical "we are working on it" and the typical "soon you will get something" statements.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-13-2012, 10:19 AM
At least they aren't still blaiming it on the playerbase ingame with the "if more played KDF we would make more for them " money excuse.......

Me, I still remember the promise given that if the players asked for more PvE and a better KDF gameplay, we would get it. Of course that was 2 years+ ago and by a different EP...

If this becomes the third year of no-PvE factional storyline or content to make the KDF worth playing as more than a glorified Monster Play then they need to just close-up the KDF shop refund all the monies spent by those fans on what did exist and let us die with diginity.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-13-2012, 07:29 PM
over the past week, about a dozen old kdf guildies have logged in with the free head start and asked "what is new with the kdf" and always get the reply "coming soon".
They all eventually log out and never return.
It reminds me of the old "welcome back weekends" that just made people ask "why?"