Lt. Commander
Hi Captains!

I am organizing an in-game (Holodeck) STF event for this coming Wednesday. It also corresponds to the in-game event that is on the in-game calendar -- successful completion of The Cure during this time will earn you more Encrypted Data Chips and Dilithium.

The first timeslot will be at 8pm GMT/ noon PST/ 3pm EST.

The second timeslot will be at 5pm PST/ 8pm EST/ 1am GMT.

Let's plan to meet on Drozana station on top of the ramp, behind the beam-in point. From there, we'll queue up for private games. Feel free to come in whichever ship/ class you would like, on either faction (minimum level requirement is 44). We will do a space run, and then a ground run if time permits (I think it will). Please join the REDALERT channel to see any communication/ instructions from myself.

Due to the STFs having some strategic elements to it, I suggest taking a look at some of these resources (we will be running on Normal, and not Elite):

http://www.stowiki.org/Mission:_The_Cure/Walkthrough
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=246186

Also, I am looking for players who feel that they could lead a group of 4 other players through the mission. If you are willing and able, please make a post below letting me know you would like to lead a group and what timeslot you are available for.

If you can't make it Wednesday, I would like to try and do these often, and on different days/ times. Feel free to post constructive feedback in here with ideas, including if you would like to see this expanded to other types of events (PvP, Fleet Actions etc.).

Hope to see many of you Wednesday!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-09-2012, 01:32 PM
I think it would be funnier on elite.

"Ships! Many ships! Now, handle it!!"
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-09-2012, 01:38 PM
I don't see any events for Wednesday on the STO calendar.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBCouto View Post
I don't see any events for Wednesday on the STO calendar.
Sorry, it is on the in-game event calendar I've updated the OP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-09-2012, 02:10 PM
I guess you get the bonus as well if you join a bit later and are not in a planned team?
I would love to see a lot more cycles of STF Events which boost ECD acquisition to ease the grind. The calendar is a bit monotonous without the borg activities...

PS: May I put a suggestion in here as well. How about making Red Alert Encounter Events which also let ECDs drop at the end of B'Ger? It would a) lessen the overall grind and b) make RAs again attractive to those who have finished the accolades.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Quite possibly able to helps ome players through - provided they promise to listen/read ;-)

Also is this more EDC's compared to the already double amount for the Wednesday, or is it just normal doubles (i.e. 2 for normal, 4 for elite)
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Will definitely make it 8pm GMT.
I can lead a team in English or even in French if necessary.

I think those event aswell as the PVP one is a very good idea, the best would be to implement them even further in the game itself if possible.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Woot! sounds fun
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-09-2012, 02:58 PM
I'll try to be there. Put me down as a yes, unless something happens and I get pulled away.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-09-2012, 02:59 PM
I can make the 8pm EST time slot, and have experience leading teams on Elite optional runs, both space and ground. I can lead Normal or Elite, whatever people are up for. And please, if you want the optional objective for space, read the wiki article that Brandon linked: I put a lot of time into that space walkthrough on the wiki so that more people could get the optional.

If people need the accolade for getting the optional on elite, I can help with that.

One event type that I would love to see would be periodic attempts at taking down the Crystalline Entity. I've put a bit of thought into how to take it down effectively, and if it were organized via the forums it might be possible to get the order of battle required to take it out. People could sign up with what type of ship they were bringing, and that way we'd know that there would be enough gravity wells to go around and the like.
Closed Thread