Lt. Commander
# 1 F2P Trailer
01-11-2012, 02:52 PM
i thought there was supposed to be a new F2P trialer, whatever happened to that
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-11-2012, 02:53 PM
It's been out for some time. It starts with Spock.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-11-2012, 02:58 PM
o thats it? i thought there was another one
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-11-2012, 03:00 PM
I remember something about one that has voice overs, so there might be another coming. I don't really know. There's already the Spock version and the version that under FTP on the main website.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-11-2012, 03:21 PM
It's supposed to pop up when F2P launches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2orat
Finished the launch trailer for STO F2P today and it's my best work and Cryptic's tribute to what it is to be Starfleet. Look for it on launch day and I hope everyone will greet the masses about to arrive with friendly open arms.

- See you on Risa

Hailing channel closed

H2orat
Source
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-11-2012, 03:34 PM
6 more days until the new one.

the one that is now at the start of the game is pretty sweet as it is. im surprised they wanted to make another as I felt that worked well as a trailer and opening segment.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-11-2012, 03:42 PM
yeah there it is, thats what im talking about.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
6 more days until the new one.

the one that is now at the start of the game is pretty sweet as it is. im surprised they wanted to make another as I felt that worked well as a trailer and opening segment.
I am really going to miss the old one and it's pretty frustrating that they spent resources on a new one with everything else there is that needs addressed in the game.

The old one really lets Mr. Nimoy's voice work shine in a way that the new one fails to do. Also I think the old one is very pretty and gives you plenty of time to take in the information at a more enjoyable pace instead of having so much audio and visual distraction going on. I don't suppose there is any point in expressing more disappointment than above at this time, but I really hope that the old one will be archived on the website somehow.

I will be very disappointed if I can not share the old one with the friends and family who I would like to invite to the game after F2P.

I think it is an attempt to compete with TOR and other games with fancier intros, but that it is not an area where it was in STOs best advantage to try and compete at this point in STOs history or with STOs current available resources.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
Well I doubt they're replacing the opening segment, just creating a new trailer for the media to advertise the game going F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-11-2012, 04:05 PM
It hits Jan. 17th along with some TV spots, and it isn't replacing the new opening cutscene as someone mentioned.