Lt. Commander
Just curious, are there going to be any visual updates made to the Retro Borg set? I.e., Deflector, Engine, Shield. The graphics were cool when these components came out, but they really could stand a re-design using new graphic effects, textures etc... to blend in better with ships. As it is, they currently don't blend in well (i.e. look assimilated well into) the current ship textures and designs.

It would be cool if each borg device, deflector, engine and shield looked different on each ship, rather than the same. A customized assimilation based on the type of ship, as it were. I'm hoping that this set gets a facelift at some point, any info out there about this possibility?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-11-2012, 09:03 PM
AFAIK, CapnLogan would be the guy in charge of such things and he's currently busy with the Klingon flagship.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Doctor.
Just curious, are there going to be any visual updates made to the Retro Borg set? I.e., Deflector, Engine, Shield. The graphics were cool when these components came out, but they really could stand a re-design using new graphic effects, textures etc... to blend in better with ships. As it is, they currently don't blend in well (i.e. look assimilated well into) the current ship textures and designs.

It would be cool if each borg device, deflector, engine and shield looked different on each ship, rather than the same. A customized assimilation based on the type of ship, as it were. I'm hoping that this set gets a facelift at some point, any info out there about this possibility?
As nice as it would be to not have the Borg deflector cover the entire head of my BoP, to do it for each ship differently would be tedious for the designers for a small gain. As much as I'd like it, I doubt it will happen.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2012, 12:44 PM
I rather have the devs working on a borg interior than updating the Borg set looks. After all my exiled Borg Captain needs a borgified ship to set up her Enlightened Collective. Now if I could only start her on partially assimilating the crew since the hive mind is such a useful tool in crew morale and communication.