Lt. Commander
# 51
02-14-2012, 11:20 PM
I am a silver player, I have come to look at the foundry editor today, was asked to pay 1000 credits for a foundry slot, got to the character selection screen, made up a human character, and after I pressed the confirmation of the character screen, I got the same failure message about creating a character.

If I am unable to use this tool as a silver player, then I would like my 1000 credits back as this is unfair that no block or message stating the fact that it's only available to gold players was in place.
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-15-2012, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPhase
I am a silver player, I have come to look at the foundry editor today, was asked to pay 1000 credits for a foundry slot, got to the character selection screen, made up a human character, and after I pressed the confirmation of the character screen, I got the same failure message about creating a character.

If I am unable to use this tool as a silver player, then I would like my 1000 credits back as this is unfair that no block or message stating the fact that it's only available to gold players was in place.
My "Purchase Failed" bug mysteriously disappeared yesterday. I bought my first four project slots and started building a test character. No matter what I built, when I hit Create Character I would get an error.

Then I tried just taking whatever randomly appeared.

I didn't change anything, I didn't switch genders or assign traits, or do anything to the character. I just accepted the random assignment.

It worked, and I was able to start working on my first foundry project.

Not sure if you know this, but that foundry character is like a crash test dummy. The only reason it exists is to give you an avatar so that you can test all your maps. If you want to make sure clicking a button opens the door, you need a warm body to click that button and test it. That's all the character is and all they do. So it's not really important to customize them, IMHO.
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-16-2012, 07:04 AM
I came back to check the foundry out but guess I will just check back at a later date now.

(as all I get is purchase failed )
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-18-2012, 07:51 PM
Work Around~

Can't guarantee it'll work for everyone but worked for me and is dependent upon having space to make a character or one your willing to delete

Step 1: Create a New character
Step 2: Delete newly created character
Step 3: Immediately go onto foundry it might say you have 8 slots if it does it's lying you will need to buy either the 2 or 4 pack (I bought the 2 pack)
Step 4: Create Foundry character (Just accept the default one character creation is bugged)
Step 5: Enjoy your lovely new foundry time

Terra~
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-24-2012, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra_Revived
Work Around~

Can't guarantee it'll work for everyone but worked for me and is dependent upon having space to make a character or one your willing to delete

Step 1: Create a New character
Step 2: Delete newly created character
Step 3: Immediately go onto foundry it might say you have 8 slots if it does it's lying you will need to buy either the 2 or 4 pack (I bought the 2 pack)
Step 4: Create Foundry character (Just accept the default one character creation is bugged)
Step 5: Enjoy your lovely new foundry time

Terra~
Worked for me
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-24-2012, 12:25 PM
How do you buy a 2-slot package? I see only the 4-slot package.
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-24-2012, 01:36 PM
If you buy first 4 slots for 10k dil you get an option to buy additional 2 slots for 7k dil.
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-26-2012, 02:31 PM
I am still unable to purchase Foundry Slots with Dilithium. I have tried using the dilithium pools from three different characters to no avail - one of them has just under 45k refined dilithium so that's defiantly not a lack of funding that is the issue.

I have also tried the work around mentioned above, but it wouldn't actually let me confirm a character after customising it in the creator. Backing out of the attempt to create a Foundry character simply resulted in the buttons being greyed out again.

I've stopped bothering to grind for dilithium as a result, since the Foundry was the only use I had for it.
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocking74
I am still unable to purchase Foundry Slots with Dilithium. I have tried using the dilithium pools from three different characters to no avail - one of them has just under 45k refined dilithium so that's defiantly not a lack of funding that is the issue.

I have also tried the work around mentioned above, but it wouldn't actually let me confirm a character after customising it in the creator. Backing out of the attempt to create a Foundry character simply resulted in the buttons being greyed out again.

I've stopped bothering to grind for dilithium as a result, since the Foundry was the only use I had for it.
This is being worked on.
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-27-2012, 03:53 AM
Indeed, but every bit of information helps - since this doesn't seem to be effecting everyone.