Lt. Commander
# 21
01-16-2012, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand Al Thor

....... My other deaths are due to drone spam rarly do i get taken out by a skilled bop or grumba pilot gunning me down using skill.
I've heard and seen this same sentiment from other fed players - that before the new KDF consoles, they (these fed players) rarely got taken out by skilled BoPs or other KDF vessels in PvP combat.

Makes it sound as if the feds where OP before the new consoles and thier inplementation has just taken that OPness away from the feds a bit and cut it short so that it is not so obvious anymore.

I'm mean if the feds where experienceing a level of PvP gameplay that held no threat of defeat and all that such a statement entails.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-17-2012, 10:23 AM
na because i did the same and still do with my bop. The only imposable players to kill were skilled players so its not like i was in a op ship or anything. now some horrible pilot can sit there and spam p2w or drones and I get to shoot drones the whole match or run out and away from p2w stuff unless I am on my kdf toons. Even when this game started pug vs pug how many matches did you win against the kdf? I was only kdf back then and yea i won just about all of them only a good premade scramble spam fleet got the kdf pugs.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand Al Thor
na because i did the same and still do with my bop. The only imposable players to kill were skilled players so its not like i was in a op ship or anything. now some horrible pilot can sit there and spam p2w or drones and I get to shoot drones the whole match or run out and away from p2w stuff unless I am on my kdf toons. Even when this game started pug vs pug how many matches did you win against the kdf? I was only kdf back then and yea i won just about all of them only a good premade scramble spam fleet got the kdf pugs.
Thats your experience while flying KDF, not mine. Though I do experience such a feeling of Uberness when I fly the Defiant-R? SO its to be believed OP too, I take it, since I experience it that way?
Now some of the new consoles appear OP when backed by good skilling and proper equipment, or becuase the counters do not seem to work as intended, but that hardly reflects that teh KDF as a whole of OP.
Heck the AMS console when it first arrived was seen as OP, now that its counter works (somewhat) you do not hear that anymore. The same will happen for these new KDF consoles.

Stepping in the way back machine , the KDF did win an awful lot in the really old days, even pugging, becuase thier where an awful lot of really experienced KDF players at that time, as well the game mechanics supported Tacs very well in many areas and spike damage was way high - something klinks did once hold an advanatge in thanks to claoking.
As well many where hardcore PvPers, or Klink fans whom eventually left the KDF due to poor PvE gameplay, mainly the lack of any new ships, storyline material or even the most basic of options. Others becuase they didn't enjoy the KDF being monster play and nothing but PvP focused.
A lot of those players are now found fedside due to its better ships (thier words) or not at all ingame.
So this is a retro-"KDF is OP" thread now?
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-17-2012, 02:00 PM
Well, not being able to hit anybody anymore in PVP is pretty boring.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-17-2012, 08:45 PM
yea i noticed i miss most of the time now too and no its not just the graphics I see the miss above peoples heads except my cruiser i hit a lot with that thing but the defiant and bop man got to really put it to them at close range to get damage out.

As far as the defiant r when i go in a raptor it feels the same turns the same and puts out the same damage but the raptor cant get spammed with tac and siphan drones allong with p2w consoles i have both ships built and specked the same.

Yea the ams sometimes gets annoying but just pop a sci team or move out battle cloak or just move out and heal.

Right now fvsf pvp is the most fun but if the feds get a carry and some of these broken/op whatever you want to call it consoles then that will turn into a spam-fest to. Also not saying its all spam i have had some good fun fights with the kdf no spam no consoles just tactics and timing of cpt and normal bo skills. It may be fun to most people i dunno he who spams faster wins but not for me i like skill to be used!
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-18-2012, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
Well, not being able to hit anybody anymore in PVP is pretty boring.
Yep. I heard rumors that Sensors is now somehow tied to a players accuracy, possibly as a passive assist (better sensors allows a better view of the FoC?). Don't know if it true or even been tested.

As far as comparing the Defiant-R to the Raptor, the Defiant turns better due to a higher base turn rate score. There is a whole thread on the subject.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-18-2012, 08:18 AM
You don't ant more often than you ever have, it just *FEELS* like you do because now you notice it more often.

I would love to know if that sensor rumor is true, see if it's a skill worth tagging into.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-18-2012, 09:38 AM
Its noticeable. Before the visuals there was a thing above peoples ships with a tag that tells you how much damage you are doing and it goes miss when you missed they still have that and now its more miss than ever.

My starcruser gets missed more than I use to. Some of you may have tryed to gank it in karrat Casey. My defiant is always hit! The cruser does not miss often and the defiant does mostly with the duel beam bank which happens to be a accX2 crtd AP one if someone hits omega forget about hitting them with my defiant they are invulnerable for that time except me of coarse and some others.

My KDF ships are no diffrent bob raptor miss carry rarly misses. I even missed a ram lol my ship did hit theirs in the game i bounced off them and it damaged me but a red miss went above his head ha fail! Some ships just seam to have it and others don't even when specked in the same stuff. maybe they have the math wrong the less defense you have the harder it is to hit lol ill test it with my eng put her in a MVAM and go to karrat.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-18-2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen.Montgomery View Post
You don't ant more often than you ever have, it just *FEELS* like you do because now you notice it more often..
Wrong. i'm an information junkie. i'll spend 5 minutes in a fight, then an hour analyzing my combat logs. Since the last patch, i miss all the time now. My builds haven't changed.
I'm not being fooled by a graphics change, the logs say i miss more.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Is it related to sensor skill? Or something else?

I'm not sure I put any points in sensors on my tac...