Lt. Commander
# 1 Captians Table
01-05-2012, 11:46 PM
Shouldn't the Captains table have much better stuff to chose from at wholesales?I mean only 400 day and lifetime members can go there right?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-05-2012, 11:56 PM
Let us know what you would like to see with the Captains Table.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-05-2012, 11:59 PM
A veteran Bridge officer vendor would be nice
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-06-2012, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain Brown
A veteran Bridge officer vendor would be nice
This would be a good start, I can also see use for dilithium based vendors such as on ESD/QUo'nos, no harm in a sickbay/engineering repair counterpart either.

Really at a basic level I"m just saying it should have 90% or more of the functionaliy of our home systems, and should also have a transwarp button for it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-06-2012, 12:02 AM
let us craft there with a discounted amount of dilithium.

Postings to the exchange from there take longer to expire.

Stuff you sell to vendors gives you 75% of its EC value from vendors.

A tailor that lets you change your outfit for free.

All of the above are not game breaking and wouldn't cost Cryptic time to develop new tech. Just roll out the same vendor tech you have now and just change the prices for stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-06-2012, 12:07 AM
I'd say the ability to craft, dilithium vendors, and a dabo table. Perhaps add a special transwarp there so you don't have to go to sol to get there.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-06-2012, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xithl View Post
Shouldn't the Captains table have much better stuff to chose from at wholesales?I mean only 400 day and lifetime members can go there right?
umm not very good at writeing like higer teir stuff the wholeseller A frangi think only sells mark 1 white stuff and only has like 6 things or something like that higer end stuff maybe some vare rare things stuff like that.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-06-2012, 12:10 AM
Oh A vendor where you can trade Efficient Saurian officers for officers of the same quality but different species that have the efficient trait would be nice.

Unique duty officer assignments would be grand. Things to make the captains table feel special basically.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-06-2012, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGeko
Let us know what you would like to see with the Captains Table.
From another thread:

Quote:
irst of all, it is unlikely to see much use as a vet reward/lifer perk. So to justify development on it in a way that will benefit lots of players, it needs to be something people can buy on the C-Store in addition to being a vet reward lifer/perk or it needs to be opened to everyone. (Maybe one perk being that lifers/vets get access from level 1 and F2P players unlock access at Captain rank.) Alternatively, maybe make it an event that everyone gets access on the first week of every month but lifers/vets get access all the time.

Beyond that, it needs to have value.

In that regard, I think it should be a place, accessible anywhere, where you can swap ships. I'd also suggest making it a place where current and future latinum rewards are sold at a 20% discount... and installing a dabo table there. Thus, you get to bypass the EC->latinum conversion cost and the only cost of latinum rewards for people who go there becomes the time spend converting since EC->Latinum comes at a roughly 20% loss already

I'd also suggest selling non-accountwide Captain's Yachts there for free players for a mix of latinum and dilithium and maybe selling level scaling gear there for Energy Credits, which gives lifers/vets a leg up since they can get the level scaling gear at a lower level.

Beyond that, I think it would be cool to sell a unique hull texture there and a dress uniform version of the B01 and basic Klingon outfits.

Beyond that, maybe the items there are crafted and you can get crafting bonuses for making "Captain's Special Reserve" gear.

Overall, I could see this being something like WoW's Darkmoon Faire... And a template for similar events/services on Risa (Shore Leave Week with beach gear that's craftable and an R&R-based commendation boost for DOff system Development).
Elaborating...

I think it should be added as an all access hub for people Captain and above during a special event on the event calendar, one week a month like WoW's darkmoon faire. The vet/lifer perk would be having access to it the rest of the time, at any level.

I think it could be a place with some flashy rewards, some nice duty officer assignments (if we are taking our whole ship there, as it seems we are), and a place for crafting level-scaling "heirloom" style items, under the rationale that a good Captain takes care of his crew and what better place to craft rewards than a place outside of time and space...?

Another thought is... It's outside of time and space, right? So why not sell anachronistic gear or costumes there? And, for that matter, have the Featured Episode special rewards there, earnable for a participation currency like the fragment collecting in the ESD event or as a massive energy sink.

I also think one of the side rooms would be perfect for a dabo table and... this is a wacky pipe dream but the Captain's table is, as I understand it, supposed to be a hub for Captains of ALL eras. Not just Starship captains but a magical place where, y'know, Beowulf or Christopher Columbus could turn up and have a Romulan Ale with Archer and Captain Braxton. (In turn, people's memory of theplace is always hazy when they leave.)

So... ah... You could have a wacky bit of a Trek reference by having Mark Twain there, gabbing about his role in "Time's Arrow."

And you could even do a story based around his (very weird, unfinished, and sometimes sci-fi) novel "The Mysterious Stranger."

Some of the notes were adapted into an 80s Claymation special:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBGGAjMg9vw
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-06-2012, 12:14 AM
Unique duty officer assignments would be grand. Things to make the captains table feel special basically.[/quote]

yes something like this