Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander

I have hundreds of Holiday Items I can not spend now, because I was of the understanding there would be a vendor available to get rid of them at the end of the event. Instead I can only push these items toward latinum? This means that I literally have hundreds of items I can not use (maybe thousands) unless I want to stock six spaces of inventory for a year? Please Cryptic, put a vendor out so I can spend all these andorian beads and get the scarves I earned/farmed for the last month.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-09-2012, 12:02 PM
I agree. Now you can't turn them in for latinum either. I almost traded all of mine in before the deadline occurred, but I got kicked when the zone closed. Now I am stuck with some of these items. I am sure a few people are much worse off.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-09-2012, 12:17 PM
I'm one of the ones who was hit rather hard. I feel like I wasted my time on those races. I really hope that they set it up so we have a way at least to pick up the scarf/candy items with the holiday bits like they originally said.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caincorporation View Post
I agree. Now you can't turn them in for latinum either. I almost traded all of mine in before the deadline occurred, but I got kicked when the zone closed. Now I am stuck with some of these items. I am sure a few people are much worse off.
The 'Gold-Pressed Latinum' conversion console was schedualed to appear at DS9, so you should look for it there...

(Though I avoided this issue by stocking up on Holiday Goodies last Sunday... Its not as if the end of Q's Winter Wonderland was a surprise announcement...)
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-10-2012, 07:32 PM
It would actually be really nice to know for instance, if these items will be used next year at the very least for the Scarves and Candies I was actually trying to earn? Will the Latinum exchange be here in a few days? What are the details on this? I for one thought I'd be able to get the scarves and such after the racing event was over... and I've literally wasted something along the lines of 600 races worth of my time and energy over this. Information is scarce, and I don't particularly like it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-11-2012, 07:12 AM
How did you get that many races in? It only allowed one winning race a day.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-11-2012, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_Moff_Joseph
How did you get that many races in? It only allowed one winning race a day.
Lots of alts...

And for the OP, I was always under the impression that after the even was over, things would only be exchangable for GPL... the devs said when they added the GPL console, they would be moving it to DS9 after the event. They never said they'd move the actual vendors...

If the GPL console isnt in DS9 yet, Im sure it will be soon
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-11-2012, 12:50 PM
They also mentioned that those players who received holiday gift receipts for having too much money would be able to use the receipts at a vendor after the event was over (http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...94#post3882094). So there ought to be someone/thing somewhere for everyone...
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-11-2012, 01:20 PM
I thought GPL xchange was to be turned on when event was finished all they are doing is flashing and
sell stuff still greyed out will this be turned on tomrrows update ?
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-12-2012, 04:31 AM
Well there is another question which is not clear: How long will the GPL vendor be up? Will these holiday items be usable next year? (I don't want to have to run the race that many times next year... I earned this stuff, I want to use it. I'm willing to wait until next year). The thing is, I have no idea what they're planning to do, and the uncertainty is really annoying me.