Lt. Commander
# 11
01-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
I have seen a lot of discussion about this in-game, too.

Added to my list of feedback.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Thanks Brandon. Personally I stock up on large amounts of completed missions and turn them in whenever there's a double XP weekend or similar, and I know I'm not alone doing this. The auto hail makes this difficult.
/Morgan
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-12-2012, 01:40 PM
More Pop-Ups for new players (Good)

More Pop-Ups for vet players (BAD - add options to disable, please)
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Yes! Please disable or at least give the option to disable, it's VERY annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
More Pop-Ups for new players (Good)

More Pop-Ups for vet players (BAD - add options to disable, please)
Hails. Loot Description Windows. "Help" windows. Etc. The Mirror-Master is exactly right. These sort of pop-ups may be EXCELLENT for NEW people, but get old/annoying quickly. Vets NEED an option to turn them off.

This reminds me of M$ Clippie. It looks like you're trying to write a letter... Yes Clippie, thanks. Now let me go into Options and shut you off so you never come back again, you freaky paper clip with eyes!

:p
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
I have seen a lot of discussion about this in-game, too.

Added to my list of feedback.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Could you add to that the annoying auto hail thats been in-game since day one from freighter ships hailing you and telling you they have to go when you didn't hail them and really didn't want to hear from them too please?
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Thanks Brandon! You can add my name to this. At first I thought it was kinda cool - but now it's really annoying to have it pop up all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-12-2012, 04:11 PM
Auto-hail definitely needs some work. I logged in and got contacted by Quinn for "War Is Good For Business" and all he said was "Do whatever you can, [Rank]." It didn't say where to go. It didn't say jack.

It just auto-hailed him and selected one of the missions, but since I'd already accepted it, I got an irrelevant message. Without giving me any details of where to go, this feature is worthless.

Also, I agree it has to be a feature that can be disabled.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Yes, indeed. The option to turn this off is needed badly.

In all honesty, who thought it would be a good idea to add something like this WITHOUT the option to disable it. When given the directive to add this, did nobody on the dev team say, "Most people hate popups, so do we really want to annoy the people we also want to make money from?"

Actually, I'll go one further and ask, why didn't the person who designed this "feature" just go ahead and add a disable/enable toggle in anticipation of the requests for it?

Oh... and I can tell you right now that the moment I get auto-hailed by an NPC telling me about this cool item I can buy in the C-store, I promise I won't spend any money on CP that day, even if my original intent was to log in and do just that. I know there is a C-store. I know how to get to it. I know that it will be your primary source of revenue for this game. However, I don't need it shoved down my throat. So if you guys are thinking, "we'll put an auto-hail ad for CStore junk that people cannot prevent from appearing in at login, but just link it to random mission hails until January 17," I can promise you that rather than directing the masses to sales, you will drive a lot of people away from them.

It wouldn't surprise me if that is what this is really about.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack-NZ
Could you add to that the annoying auto hail thats been in-game since day one from freighter ships hailing you and telling you they have to go when you didn't hail them and really didn't want to hear from them too please?
Yes please!
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Would like an option to turn it off as well. I've started to get pop ups for missions in progress now. Admiral T'nae keeps popping up and telling me to go finish my mission at random intervals. I don't need to be reminded every few minutes to go finish up my missions in progress.

Or maybe I do, I spend way too much time on the Duty Officer system and end up ignoring my normal missions. :p