Lt. Commander
# 21
01-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Hails. Loot Description Windows. "Help" windows. Etc. The Mirror-Master is exactly right. These sort of pop-ups may be EXCELLENT for NEW people, but get old/annoying quickly. Vets NEED an option to turn them off.

This reminds me of M$ Clippie. It looks like you're trying to write a letter... Yes Clippie, thanks. Now let me go into Options and shut you off so you never come back again, you freaky paper clip with eyes!

:p
"Its looks like you're trying to fend off the Borg.
Would you like to learn more?
  • Frequency Modulator
  • STF gear
  • Nanites and Defenses
  • Not now you %$#ing paperclip!
"

oops. too late. vaporized.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-12-2012, 11:33 PM
God, make this new 'feature' stop...please...and while you're at it, kill that nagging loot window too. STO does not need to be like Windows Vista / 7, constantly harassing you with unwanted dialogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack-NZ
Could you add to that the annoying auto hail thats been in-game since day one from freighter ships hailing you and telling you they have to go when you didn't hail them and really didn't want to hear from them too please?
^^ Yeah, this needs to go, too. Soon.

Seriously, who keeps approving this crap? You guys think the freepers are gonna like getting slamboreed with it any more than we do?
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-12-2012, 11:53 PM
Yeah, I'm really hoping this was just a bug. If not, whoever came up with this needs to be flogged with barbed wire.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-13-2012, 12:13 AM
Geeess....

Give Them a break Folks.

Some of us asked for this...

They are just trying out another way to Slow Our Progression through the ranks...

<snicker>
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-13-2012, 05:37 AM
Looks like many of my concerns regarding Tribble were right. There was a new PWE login and interface(did not expect one for the website though--we totally belong to the HIVE collective now), and the annoying pop-up I hate on Tribble is now Live. Not sure how that got past QA.I probably should have submitted feedback on it, but I was concerned it would be lost after the Tribble server wipe.

I'll be sure to submitnow on Holodeck, and of course by posting in this thread.

Btw, the website is not too bad. Everything has its place and the color schema is agreeable.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-13-2012, 06:46 AM
well, i thought that the pop up box for dilithium container was annoying, was glad it was removed.

this auto-hail wins hands down... lol

pls provide us with the option to disable it. thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-13-2012, 08:14 AM
I'd also appreciate an option to disable "warp" dialogs when changing from one sector block to another, since it gets increasingly annoying over time. Clicking once on the low priority interaction pane should already be enough in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-13-2012, 09:08 AM
New patch released, still got auto-hail, looks like it's here to stay, knowing Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-13-2012, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woril View Post
I'd also appreciate an option to disable "warp" dialogs when changing from one sector block to another, since it gets increasingly annoying over time. Clicking once on the low priority interaction pane should already be enough in my opinion.
Well, sometimes when you auto-navigate, you come to one warp transition before the one you want. With the prompt, annoying though it may be, it actually saves time to be able to click the "not now" button rather than go into the wrong sector and either go back to the other one or have the trip take longer because the new course takes me out of the way...

Now if they can find a way to let me just click a destination from a list and have it auto-calculate a course (list of area transitions that must be made) and as long as I don't interrupt the process, have it just go through those transitions, then yeah we won't need the prompt.

Better still if they could make space just one massive map...

Or even better, let us skip the whole Sector space thing completely, enter warp, have a calculated travel time and let us play the DOff system while sitting in the captain's chair while en route.

Just a thought...
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-13-2012, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainQuirk View Post
Well, sometimes when you auto-navigate, you come to one warp transition before the one you want. With the prompt, annoying though it may be, it actually saves time to be able to click the "not now" button rather than go into the wrong sector and either go back to the other one or have the trip take longer because the new course takes me out of the way...
If the cursed thing wouldn't pop up in the first place everytime you pass a sector border you would never go to the wrong sector.