Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
01-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Asylum assignments may in fact be too generous. It is something I am looking into.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strorus View Post
Where's the Blue and Purple Quality Dilithium Doffs, I have maxed Diplomacy and when I scroll down this Tab with Lt Ferra' store I have only access to green !,000 Dilithium Doffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzerill View Post
I got the same issue. I'm not at 4 but at 3 and cant get the blue ones. I sent in a bug report some time ago about it but haven't herd anything yet.
Purchasing Diplomatic Officers with Dilithium is a known issue you can track here:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=244072

Lt. Commander
# 23
01-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Regarding rarity, we have no current plans to significantly adjust how rare "Rare" is. Getting a crew of all purples - or even all Blues - should be a monumental achievement. That being said, white quality duty officers are much more viable than, say, white quality weapons in the normal course of gameplay.
You still have not answered my original question which is basically, "Is it possible to obtain a rare or very rare doff from the in-game packs?" If so, I will continue to plod away recording pack data to give people the results.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Recruitment commendation rank has no effect on what you get when you open a pack. Recruitment commendation rank does open up some additional recruitment assignments, however...
Thanks for the direct answer. Now we know.

Quote:
...Regarding making white duty officers available, there has been a lot of discussion and debate internally about this, but at this time we feel the Exchange offers a sufficiently plentiful supply, particularly once we get the Exchange sorting and filtering issues nailed down...
Yeah, you're right. I will likely agree 100% with this once you get some sorting/filtering in there. But you know how important that is. Jus thought I'd beat the horse a ltitle. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Shrvk
You still have not answered my original question which is basically, "Is it possible to obtain a rare or very rare doff from the in-game packs?" If so, I will continue to plod away recording pack data to give people the results.
I have received both Blue and Purple from in-game packs. Yes.

I've got over a dozen characters. And over many in-game packs (I've not counted) I have recived I think less than five Blues, and one Purple in there somewhere.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Yes. There is about a 5% chance for a non-C-Store pack to have a blue or purple quality duty officer.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Yes. There is about a 5% chance for a non-C-Store pack to have a blue or purple quality duty officer.
Thank you very much Heretic and now back to work on collecting data...
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Seems really low. Be more reasonable and help avoid cstore if it was about 10-20% minimum. Oh wait you cant cos you want ppl to spend money. Hmm...
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Regarding rarity, we have no current plans to significantly adjust how rare "Rare" is. Getting a crew of all purples - or even all Blues - should be a monumental achievement. That being said, white quality duty officers are much more viable than, say, white quality weapons in the normal course of gameplay.
While I do understand the reasoning there I do find it interesting that the DOFF system in general, and DOFFs particularly, are pretty much the only place in the game where the Rarity mentioned (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Very Rare) does actually relate to Rarity rather than just Quality. Does this mean that we can expect this attitude towards Rarity to spill over to other parts of the game too?

Quote:
Asylum assignments may in fact be too generous. It is something I am looking into.
I'm not sure that is needed. Those assignments seemed to all spawn at once the day they were introduced to the game, but I haven't seen another since then. As well, I heard someone on the DOFF Channel talking about only getting 1 purple out of 20 some odd missions (I assume they were using alts).

In any MMO there will always be those who have nothing better to do than rush through the content and try to be the first to have everything and max everything out, then they sit around and complain that there isn't anything new or interesting to do in the game. Please don't use those people as a guide as to if the system is broken or not, it isn't fair to those who can't afford to play 24x7 (also, don't take this the other way and use those who log in once a week for 10 minutes as your guide either, got to find a happy medium)
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Currently there are no non-unique Federation Flight Deck Officers. I am not against putting some in if there is enough interest, but I figured their use on the Federation side was so narrow that people would be more irritated by getting Flight Deck Officers when they would have preferred something else.
Please don't... dont devalue the current ultra rares by making their abilities easy to get

Maybe if you come up with a different bonus than Kel's, it would be OK...

And I like the fact that purple/blues should be difficult to get, dont change that, we need at least some parts of the game to be challenging

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterUK View Post
Seems really low. Be more reasonable and help avoid cstore if it was about 10-20% minimum. Oh wait you cant cos you want ppl to spend money. Hmm...
They are a business, of course they want people to spend money. And 5% is plenty. Get alts, have each of them do the recruitment every day, and you'll collect those cadre packs awefully fast...
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Quote:
I did already answer that several posts above.. I've had numerous Rare's and a few Very Rare's from the junior Officer Cadre.. And one of my toons has obtained an Ultra Rare from the same packs.