Lt. Commander
# 11
01-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
So TWs are now only on a dropdown menu? They removed the Power Tray icons entirely? That's a bummer. I saw the patch notes, but figured they were adding a feature, not also removing the old one. How am I supposed to keybind Alt-E to get me to Earth or Alt-D to DS9?
Agreed with this complaint. I have mine in the 4th tray, and it's very convenient to use Shift+1, Shift+2, etc. for Transwarp powers. I'll have to check it out in game this afternoon, but I will be disappointed if they are removed from trays completely, as opposed to merely giving the option to take them out.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
You should see this option near the mini-map now.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
It would be great if transwarp was not available that the option be greyed out. Before we knew how much time left at a single glance and now we don't. So having it greyed out if not available will help us identify if we should even try to transwarp.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-El
This. It hasn't affected all users, though - heck, I had two characters who achieved T4 Diplomacy prior to Season 5. After S5 dropped, one of them kept T4, while the other is stuck without Transwarp to DS9 or Grant Diplomatic Immunity.
Yep , though I kept Grant Diplomatic Immunity
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-12-2012, 02:39 PM
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=242779

I've been waiting for a fix to that bug as well. There was a supposed fix on 12/15 which apparently did not work for a lot of players, myself included. This is the last I've heard on the issue.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-12-2012, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aevn
well, since season 5, the commendation screen has shown me as having roughly 120,000 DXP, but not Tier 4, even though I've had it for months.
Check your mission journal and Jiro. You won't advance unless you do the commendation promotion mission upgrading you to ambassador, regardless of how much CXP you have in diplo.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-12-2012, 04:56 PM
I don't like this change!

This is what I mean by "taking things away from your players." You don't do it. I don't care if you think you're making things better or not. You do not take things away from players. When are you going to learn this lesson? If you want to add a feature like putting it up in the mini-map, fine. But don't take it out of the selectable powers we can add to our powers bar at the same time.

ADD, CRYPTIC, DON'T SUBTRACT!

Some of us like it right where it was! And someone already mentioned an awesome way to bind it to a key sequence. Please stop doing this to us. I liked my ESD icon right where it was at!
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post
[b][color="Yellow"]Some of us like it right where it was! And someone already mentioned an awesome way to bind it to a key sequence. Please stop doing this to us. I liked my ESD icon right where it was at!
I can almost see it now:

Want to be able to bind your transwarp abilities to a key, or put them in your power bar? Head over to the C-Store today and get your Transwarp Icon set for a low introductory price price of 1000 CP this week only. Regular price of 1500 CP! Hop from one side of the galaxy to the other at the touch of a button!

It wouldn't surprise me.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Quote:

This is what I mean by "taking things away from your players." You don't do it. I don't care if you think you're making things better or not. You do not take things away from players. When are you going to learn this lesson? If you want to add a feature like putting it up in the mini-map, fine. But don't take it out of the selectable powers we can add to our powers bar at the same time.

Some of us like it right where it was! And someone already mentioned an awesome way to bind it to a key sequence. Please stop doing this to us. I liked my ESD icon right where it was at!
but they didn't take anything away, the power is still there, its only 2 clicks away, it takes what, half a second longer to use it?

I really like this change, now I have more room for powers.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Quote:

I will say that there were some serious issues with putting it on the power tray which this allow to be addressed.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I will say that there were some serious issues with putting it on the power tray which this allow to be addressed.
I don't doubt that for people who had many transwarps. Like I said, there is nothing wrong with adding a feature that makes this easier. But they should have stayed available in the powers window where you select which powers you want added to your powers bar. That would fix whatever issues you felt there were with the feature while allowing people like me and others who liked this feature to continue using it. It would have been a win/win. In this case, it's another example of a fail/win.