Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Auto-Hail
01-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Seems like a good idea but... The contacts hail me EVERY TIME I log in.

In my case, I obviously didn't just finish a mission, and when it happened the first time I thought "Oh, there's that new feature firing because it hasn't before... but now it just keep firing.

Please make it stop!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Auto Hail - Probably sounded good in the planning meeting; but as currently implememnted, if Cryptic/PWE WANT to DRIVE players from the game - the current implementation of this will do it - seriously.

I'm always amazed when stuff like this is barely tested and pushed straight to Live without a lot of feedback. I also can't believe you don't add an option to turn it off in any of the Preference settings window.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-17-2012, 07:27 AM
I would like to have some changed made to Auto Hail as well. Every time I log on some guy tries to force an STF on me that probably takes hours which I simply don't have when I come home from work during the week. The exploration guy would do good to remind me of him when I enter a Starcluster though.
So...
- time consuming STFs auto hailing
+ exploration mission auto hailing
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-17-2012, 08:02 PM
I've already got some updates to this slated to go out soon.
One will put in an option to disable this, and another addresses an issue where it was hailing you when it oughtn't.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-17-2012, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstrype View Post
I would like to have some changed made to Auto Hail as well. Every time I log on some guy tries to force an STF on me that probably takes hours which I simply don't have when I come home from work during the week. The exploration guy would do good to remind me of him when I enter a Starcluster though.
So...
- time consuming STFs auto hailing
+ exploration mission auto hailing
You might as well drop the STF mission, as they are old and out of date. The new STF's are available only through the que, and usually take less than 20 minutes per section (on normal). Just FYI
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-18-2012, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
I've already got some updates to this slated to go out soon.
One will put in an option to disable this, and another addresses an issue where it was hailing you when it oughtn't.
Zero, will you marry me?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-18-2012, 09:30 AM
Auto-Hail still works, so annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Zero, will you marry me?
LOL I think a patrician's life doesn't leave much time for marriage.

Plus I mean... I know Vetinari well enough to know that Ankh-Moorpork is a harsh mistress.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-18-2012, 12:26 PM
Ahh, Rincewind. Too bad nobody has made a Discworld MMORPG. I'd love to come across a character that can SPEAK IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-18-2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelchall
Ahh, Rincewind. Too bad nobody has made a Discworld MMORPG. I'd love to come across a character that can SPEAK IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
Because those are rare otherwise?

No, I think not. LOL