Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
Just dismissed a BO candidated a blue one worth 600 dilithium. I go to the assets tab and do not see the extra dilithium or see it in the npc log in chat window.

There is no other way i can see for selling a BO candidate for dilithium so i presume dismiss is the one i had to use to get the dilithium.

Is this a bug or did i just mess up?

Hmm also right clicking on BO Candidates and selecting info shows nothing in the info pane. Duno if it used to but it shows nothing now at least so kinda wonder why its there as well.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterUK View Post
Just dismissed a BO candidated a blue one worth 600 dilithium. I go to the assets tab and do not see the extra dilithium or see it in the npc log in chat window.

There is no other way i can see for selling a BO candidate for dilithium so i presume dismiss is the one i had to use to get the dilithium.

Is this a bug or did i just mess up?.
Not a bug... You've never received anything for dismissing a BO, snce before the end of Beta almost 2 years ago...
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2012, 05:27 PM
So how does one get that 600 dilithium amount for that bo candidate then if dismissing doesnt work and selling only gets you EC what is the other way?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2012, 05:29 PM
You get Dilithium for dismissing DOFF, not BOFFs.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
You get Dilithium for dismissing DOFF, not BOFFs.
Correct. You get nothing for dismissing BOs.

I wish they would take the precedence set by DOffs and grant some Dil for the BOs. I (and others) have suggested it. At one point Heretic has said they are discussing the various dismissing options, but gave no indication beyond that.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Shame if that is so.

http://yfrog.com/mrbodilithiumj Is what im on about the value there. If i dont want the bo candidate i want the dilithium for him. But if i cant get it somehow thats a real shame because i dont want some bo candidates and getting something for them would have been nice.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-12-2012, 06:10 PM
This is a common misconception about BO's. The price that's shown there is Purchase / Value Price. Not the price for dismissing them. BO's used to cost Merits/Honor and you never got Merits by dismissing them.

Dilithium is this game's grind currency... it makes you play longer. Cryptic would never give away that amount of Dilithium just for dismissing a BO. The fact that you're wanting "Easy Dilithium" speaks to the fact that you want that currency. But you'll have to grind some content in order to get it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-12-2012, 06:13 PM
I may be mistaken but can you even buy BOFFs with dilithium? I thought the BOFF vendor on ESD/Qo'nos only sold white quality BOFFs for EC? In which case, why do BOFFs have a stated dilithium value at all?

To the OP: yes you don't get squat for dismissing a BOFF. Your best hope is to get some EC out of him on the exchange. To be "fair" it's always been like this, even before dilithium.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormnnorm
I may be mistaken but can you even buy BOFFs with dilithium? I thought the BOFF vendor on ESD/Qo'nos only sold white quality BOFFs for EC? In which case, why do BOFFs have a stated dilithium value at all?

To the OP: yes you don't get squat for dismissing a BOFF. Your best hope is to get some EC out of him on the exchange. To be "fair" it's always been like this, even before dilithium.
It's probably just there so everything has a value attached to it, and they just threw some number on BOs you can't buy. I could be wrong, but I think everything in the game has a value (even if you can't buy it with ECs or Dilithium)
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormnnorm
Not sure about ESD but on Qo'noS White Quality BO's cost 240 Dilithium at the BO Store.

The value/cost for Blue BO's is 600 Dilithium. Purples as 1200 Dilithium. But no stores that sell them.

Edit: Just checked ESD and it's the same - White BO's cost 240 Dilithium, not EC.